It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Not much quality is available and rather fritter away more money we are biding our time. Nothing negeligent about the policy at all.
100% mate
Hopefully the club is going back to being patient and waiting for long term targets

100% mate
Hopefully the club is going back to being patient and waiting for long term targets
But we've needed a Rodri back up or replacement for suspension/injury/fatigue since Fernandinho finished. If he does his cruciate (Heaven forbid) well only the good Lord knows what kind of season we'll have, if that injury happens after the window shuts. We lost KDB for 6 months 20 minutes into the first match last season.

But we've needed a Rodri back up or replacement for suspension/injury/fatigue since Fernandinho finished. If he does his cruciate (Heaven forbid) well only the good Lord knows what kind of season we'll have, if that injury happens after the window shuts. We lost KDB for 6 months 20 minutes into the first match last season.
I completely agree that it’s a matter of urgency
I’m just saying the club will have a player they are interested in and won’t just buy for the sake of it this summer
It can be very frustrating

I completely agree that it’s a matter of urgency
I’m just saying the club will have a player they are interested in and won’t just buy for the sake of it this summer
It can be very frustrating
Totally agree with you, buying for the sake of buying is totally pointless. I'm hoping Matteus Nunes has had his 1st season settling in period like most players need, and he'll kick on this season.

like a Perrone or Kovacic?

Playing them together may work and considering the lack of any activity in getting a player in, I can see them retaining Perrone and telling Pep to work with what he's got. I don't think it's an ideal solution and not even what the club have wanted but is what it is.

Playing them together may work and considering the lack of any activity in getting a player in, I can see them retaining Perrone and telling Pep to work with what he's got. I don't think it's an ideal solution and not even what the club have wanted but is what it is.
How do you know Pep will bee told to get on with what he's got ? Do you think he has so little influence. If the club or Pep want to buy a CM they will, but there is also a chance they have decided between them they are okay as they are and have plaenty of options.

Tbh I think there is a simple reason as to why we haven’t done anything in the market: I have just tried to do my starting XI and bench and ended up with the following:

- XI: Ederson, Akanji, Dias, Ake, Gvardiol, Rodri, Kev, Foden, Doku, Bobb and Haaland.

That leaves a 10 man bench of:

- Ortega, Walker, Rico, Stones, Kovacic, Nunes, Grealish, Savio, Alvarez, Bernardo.

That’s with no Mcatee even in the squad btw and a max of only 5 subs.

How the hell do people on here want more than that- who doesn’t start and who gets very few minutes. the only way kova gets minutes this season is for Rodri, as there are too many attacking midfielders in his way to take their places. I understand it would be idea to have a more suitable Rodri deputy but without one of the actual squad above going there is just no room. We all know pep doesn’t want a big squad and we also know that keeping the camp happy is crucial.

Lastly, I think for those worrying that it needs to be kept fresh that a consideration for how competitive it will be for starting places in the winger positions and attacking midfielder positions for example will keep it fresh and all the players at their best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.