It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Don’t look like kdb is going anywhere this season according to pep’s latest quotes. Obviously it can change quickly.

Couple of points tho:

1. City won’t receive a fee if he leaves next season on a free.
2. He does deserve to decide after his unbelievable performances.
3. Maybe we have compromised on Kev staying 1 more year. Gives us a chance to get a replacement lined up.
4. How much impact will he make this season? Debatable what Kev we will get going forward. Looked gassed last season but decent at the euros.

Overall if we can keep him that would be the preferred option. Selling him next season for a decent fee would have been ideal but just like silva and Sergio. Sometimes you have to forgo a fee.

On a separate note, I would be happy to let Alvarez go for £80 and replace with a midfielder who can help Rodri and step in when needed so we don’t lose stupid games.

Don’t look like kdb is going anywhere this season according to pep’s latest quotes. Obviously it can change quickly.

Couple of points tho:

1. City won’t receive a fee if he leaves next season on a free.
2. He does deserve to decide after his unbelievable performances.
3. Maybe we have compromised on Kev staying 1 more year. Gives us a chance to get a replacement lined up.
4. How much impact will he make this season? Debatable what Kev we will get going forward. Looked gassed last season but decent at the euros.

Overall if we can keep him that would be the preferred option. Selling him next season for a decent fee would have been ideal but just like silva and Sergio. Sometimes you have to forgo a fee.

On a separate note, I would be happy to let Alvarez go for £80 and replace with a midfielder who can help Rodri and step in when needed so we don’t lose stupid games.
I’d want more than 80 quid for Julian lol. Agree re KDB, and if he does leave for free after a year do be it. I’d rather have another season from KDB than £50m transfer fee and £15m wages saved

Matheus Nunes was such a shit signing. Even worse if his presence is what's stopping us from improving in his position.

That's not on him, though. Just poor planning.
Really excited to see Nunes this season if I'm being honest. I expect big things. Think his profile is class and he's had around 8 months under Pep now. Should be integrated into our squad more often this season.

I think our lack of midfield links is related to Nunes' increased role, combined with a lack of options on the market *that much* better than Perrone at CDM. I can't see us paying 60m+ for anybody not at Bruno G's level.

Hardly anybody is a big enough upgrade on Maximo to splash the cash on imo. If Perrone can show a higher level of ball-carrying this season, I think he can be a City player. Hard to be worse than KP lol. Had a good season for a poor side in Spain last season.

We have our eyes fixated on new signings when the answers might already be within. Nothing wrong with being optimistic of our situation when our club consistently proves they know what they're doing.

1722341190629.png

Really excited to see Nunes this season if I'm being honest. I expect big things. Think his profile is class and he's had around 8 months under Pep now. Should be integrated into our squad more often this season.

I think our lack of midfield links is related to Nunes' increased role, combined with a lack of options on the market *that much* better than Perrone at CDM. I can't see us paying 60m+ for anybody not at Bruno G's level.

Hardly anybody is a big enough upgrade on Maximo to splash the cash on imo. If Perrone can show a higher level of ball-carrying this season, I think he can be a City player. Hard to be worse than KP lol. Had a good season for a poor side in Spain last season.

We have our eyes fixated on new signings when the answers might already be within. Nothing wrong with being optimistic of our situation when our club consistently proves they know what they're doing.

View attachment 126930
I wished I shared your optimism
To me it just feels like he’s happy to be there and won’t elevate the level of the midfield
He’ll be blocking Rico’s minutes too

I wished I shared your optimism
To me it just feels like he’s happy to be there and won’t elevate the level of the midfield
He’ll be blocking Rico’s minutes too
Rico is the only one in control of his minutes. He has to prove that he is better than the other options.

He started against Villa when we were missing Rodri, Kovacic and Nunes were on the bench that game as an example.

Replace with a midfielder who can help Rodri and step in when needed so we don’t lose stupid games.
If it was that straight forward we would have already done it. We could have just as easily lost the games he missed, the rest of the team wasn't good on all 3 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.