It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Sleep walking into this season in my opinion. To still have no discernible left back is quite worrying and we were found out especially in the cup final because of this. No rodri back up is also mental.

It does seem very odd that we are so quiet and only makes you wonder what's really going on. Don't have a conspiracy theory yet but there are signs that I might need to start coming up with one.

Sleep walking into this season in my opinion. To still have no discernible left back is quite worrying and we were found out especially in the cup final because of this. No rodri back up is also mental.

It does seem very odd that we are so quiet and only makes you wonder what's really going on. Don't have a conspiracy theory yet but there are signs that I might need to start coming up with one.
Gvardiol/Ake will be the LB till Pep leaves or changes system again. So unlikely.

Right back is the issue, IMO, with aging Kyle. Ake and Gvardiol are probably the best pair of LBs in the world despite being CDs. The biggest issue is, of course, the lack of the Rodri backup, though.

Get the banners out City are signing a left back, Christian McFarlane. now when City first dropped the name 2 years ago i had a quick look at him, quick and strong, standard American, but he was also comfortable on the ball, i do not know how he has developed. But this puts right 6 years of failure, because it is 6 years since Angelinho broke through.
So for me every year we had no one capable of challenging the LB slot, coming through the academy, and for most of that 6 years we have had no first team player, we should have bought, if they failed we should have bought again, and again.
So good luck Cristian.
The fuck are you on about? The game has moved on. There’s a very good reason why Pep sees Gvardiol and Ake as our left backs and why Arteta has just made Calafiori his left back (and not centre back). Left back is one of the most stacked positions in our entire squad. Right back is the full back position in need of strengthening, not left back.

Gvardiol/Ake will be the LB till Pep leaves or changes system again. So unlikely.

Don't need to change system, just flip the sides that push up - get a LB that can make the runs Walker makes on the right. Gvardiol or Ake at LCB, so they can defend wide channels while the LB is pushed up, have Akanji at RB. Not advocating that as a priority signing btw, just saying it wouldn't be a drastic change to last year.

We literally have two top class left backs, with players like Akanji and Lewis able to play there in an injury crisis. Left back is perfect how we have it.

I love our 2 LB options. Gvardiol and Ake have been great. (And Laporte beforehand).

I'd prefer to see us teeing up Walker's eventual replacement. Someone who can run the length of the pitch faster than I can say "put your lad in Kyle".

I wonder what is going on in the Musiala sweepstakes ...

The word was Bayern would open extension talks after the Euros. If we get to late September and Bayern haven't been able to find a way to extend him, you have to think we are going to be player for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.