It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

probbaly why we want someone who can play in an 8 or double as well .
I think we may have looked at that and changed our minds myself. Probably decided what it was going cost and we weren't getting an 8 better than Kovacic or even Bernardo. Maybe the change to wingers and Bernardo staying changed the narrative.

If Alvarez goes and the club feel we have enough with Bobb and Mcatee then I wonder if they would be more inclined to go back and pay £100m for Bruno G?

If Alvarez goes and the club feel we have enough with Bobb and Mcatee then I wonder if they would be more inclined to go back and pay £100m for Bruno G?
This is something I’ve been wondering myself. If Alvarez goes we probably have enough of a war chest to get Bruno and Musiala next summer.

Last edited:
It isn't rotation though is it, because Rodri won't get rotated. Wharton would play if Rodri has an injury or a suspension, both very rare for him so far. Wharton is on the cusp of the England team, playing every week in the premier league. He isn't signing to be on the bench like Phillips was.
I don’t mean rotation in the sense that they’d both get an equal amount of prem / CL starts, that would be crazy. I mean so that we have a capable, talented, homegrown option, with bags of potential, who can come on after 60-70 mins so that we can manage Rodri’s minutes. I’m sure he’d get his fair share of starts too in all the cup comps.

You think Wharton wouldn’t jump at the chance to sign for City and get managed by Pep, who played in the same position and has coached Busquets and Rodri into the two best DMs of the last 15 years?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.