It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Money isn't a problem - we were fine for PSR before selling a load anyway - more to do with valuations. Bruno G was unlikely anyway due to us not wanting to meet Newcastle's valuation and doing nowt when they needed sales in June. Him being made captain just solidifies it to me.

But more money coming into the club constantly and for the right player Pep wants to improve we have to go that extra bit? Record revenues , record profits, the profile of the club has never been higher but a lot of that is down to the signing of Haaland and more so Pep making us so successful? Pep will go in the next few years so we need to make hay while the sun shines?

On the brilliant Wharton video from Jonas -This was my contribution in early July:

My Blackburn supporting mate kept telling me to get City interested because the lad has class. He has been supporting the Rovers for over 50 years. So I watched Wharton playing for the exciting Palace side. Lad has good positional sense, is a reliable hub for his team mates to find, a fast control and and accurate pass record. Unlike Manoo, and Rice to a lesser extent, Adam can pass a ball forward, he is not a Ray Wlkins clone! Check the Palace fan ratings on the BBC Sport and he is always near the top.
I doubt if the England manager will pick Wharton for the remaining Euro games - better to stick with those you trust. But agent Foden, agent Walker and agent Stones will all be reporting back from the England camp, and they will certainly be impressed. My newspaper reports that he passed his GCSE school exams without any revision and, as we all know, intelligence helps towards a long and succesful career in this game. At City, any youngster can only be improved by our brilliant coaches and I am not alone in thinking that the sky is the limit for Adam.

If this player ends up at United/Liverpool or Arsenal I will be very disappointed.
Hes a superb talent I just don't see where he fits unless we have a shake up next season. I sadly see him at Arsenal, next summer they could likely cash in on the likes of Jorginho and Partey and I reckon they would make a move.

Either no leaks from us or players and agents or other clubs. Or we aren’t looking for a 6/8. I know which is looking more likely as time goes on

Right, but the point you inferred was that we weren't ever interested in a 6/8 despite reporting to the contrary regarding Bruno G. That's different to having a specific player in mind, being priced out, not seeing any others you want and now not being interested.

I agree that there aren't any substantial links now though, which makes it unlikely that we sign anyone. Things can change quickly though

But more money coming into the club constantly and for the right player Pep wants to improve we have to go that extra bit? Record revenues , record profits, the profile of the club has never been higher but a lot of that is down to the signing of Haaland and more so Pep making us so successful? Pep will go in the next few years so we need to make hay while the sun shines?

I'm not saying we shouldn't mate - I'm rarely arsed about the financial wrangling when it's the right player. Just saying I don't see it happening now as there was a better, more viable time for it to happen

So far Palace have made a £24m profit in this window. However the cost of their new main stand has sky rocketed, for some reason. Maybe they would be tempted to cash in on Warton if we lumped all the Alverez fee on him. Personally I don't see the fuss about Warton, but would love to be proved wrong (again)
I don't really care tbh, but for Palace fans it would be a major bummer to lose another top prospect after Olise,

So far Palace have made a £24m profit in this window. However the cost of their new main stand has sky rocketed, for some reason. Maybe they would be tempted to cash in on Warton if we lumped all the Alverez fee on him. Personally I don't see the fuss about Warton, but would love to be proved wrong (again)
I don't really care tbh, but for Palace fans it would be a major bummer to lose another top prospect after Olise,

Stadium building not part of PSR/FFP? (someone correct me) dont think this effects the team just the owners to put their hand in

We can do a lot better than Wharton. There is nothing in his game that our current Academy players aren't capable of either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.