It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Time to give the youngsters a chance. Bobb and Mcatee deserve more minutes, so I’m thinking we don’t need a replacement

Bobb has shown great potential. Mcatee hasn’t shown anything to suggest he can do anything more than Carabao in this squad.

Personally, I do think the 115 is probably affecting business. We might well be 100% confident, and happy to put clauses into contracts etc, but whilst it’s in previous seasons been something on the horizon then this is now different as we know the result will be due in the next few months.

It definitely it is.

Some have denied it but there will be players put off from joining us while it hangs over our necks.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bellingham was one of them last year.

It definitely it is.

Some have denied it but there will be players put off from joining us while it hangs over our necks.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bellingham was one of them last year.
I’m not sure. Think the top players would come with a plan. No one here is jumping ship or not signing new deals.

Bellingham had the pull of Madrid, Rice didn’t want to leave London. Can’t really fault either of them

If that brief goes out and we don’t go and make a signing then we should all be very worried about the reason behind that imo. Theres no way mcatee is anywhere near the level currently. If we let Alvarez go given the amount of games he’s played, goals and assists he’s got for us over the past 2 seasons for big money and don’t go out and buy a top player you have to wonder if it’s to do with the 115 charges and not wanting to get a top player in for a big fee and big wages if we are fearing the worst. It’s not like this has come out of the blue and we were unprepared it’s been clear he’s wanted out all summer.
So you honestly believe that with the current profile of players at City along with the ever expanding commercial brand of the club that adding one player on a high fee and/or wages changes anything as it relates to the 115? Highly unlikely. I believe in deciding to keep KDB, Bernardo, and Walker and possibly Stones and Kova for another year the club is bracing for some necessary big spending next Summer in order to replace that level of outgoings. This club operates with an eye on the future while maintaining current success. It's clubs that live for only today that fail to succeed now and going forward. City aren't going to chase after big names to appease a bunch of overzealous, never satisfied fans on Twitter, Blue Moon, etc.

If ya can't trust this club with all its accomplished under this regime who the fuck are ya going to trust?

My apologies as I probably sound like some fucking condescending twat, but for Christ sake can we just wait and see what the club decide to do? I love the sharing of opinions on here, the back and forth, bits of info, etc. but I'm going to say it. When people start using words like failure, unprepared, outmaneuvered, panic, etc. in connection with our club it's a major turn off...just sayin'.

Maybe. Not if we are saying he is one of the reasons we don’t need to replace Alvarez though
Disagree. McAtee is more than capable of filling Alvarez' midfield role in the squad.

He's the type of player that will excel with quality players around him. His ability to play in the pockets is in the highest tier in world football. I'd be comfortable with him playing against any opposition we may come against. It's time we stop treating our academy prospects as just that. These are top level footballers - as can be seen by the success they have once moved on.

1722948928135.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.