It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Disagree. McAtee is more than capable of filling Alvarez' midfield role in the squad.

He's the type of player that will excel with quality players around him. His ability to play in the pockets is in the highest tier in world football. I'd be comfortable with him playing against any opposition we may come against. It's time we stop treating our academy prospects as just that. These are top level footballers - as can be seen by the success they have once moved on.

View attachment 127545
We're comparing McAtee to Alvarez now? He's not even in the same ballpark as a player.

We're comparing McAtee to Alvarez now? He's not even in the same ballpark as a player.
I believe the poster was comparing them as midfield players? Alvarez clearly the better striker, let’s give McAtee chance to prove himself in midfield, with better players than Sheffield united

So you honestly believe that with the current profile of players at City along with the ever expanding commercial brand of the club that adding one player on a high fee and/or wages changes anything as it relates to the 115? Highly unlikely. I believe in deciding to keep KDB, Bernardo, and Walker and possibly Stones and Kova for another year the club is bracing for some necessary big spending next Summer in order to replace that level of outgoings. This club operates with an eye on the future while maintaining current success. It's clubs that live for only today that fail to succeed now and going forward. City aren't going to chase after big names to appease a bunch of overzealous, never satisfied fans on Twitter, Blue Moon, etc.

If ya can't trust this club with all its accomplished under this regime who the fuck are ya going to trust?

My apologies as I probably sound like some fucking condescending twat, but for Christ sake can we just wait and see what the club decide to do? I love the sharing of opinions on here, the back and forth, bits of info, etc. but I'm going to say it. When people start using words like failure, unprepared, outmaneuvered, panic, etc. in connection with our club it's a major turn off...just sayin'.

Im not suggesting I don’t trust the club - it would be sensible not buying big on transfers and wages if they thought they might get guilty. I’m suggesting IF we don’t go out and make a major signing we are probably doing so with one eye on the 115. It remains to be seen if we do sign someone.

I haven’t used any of them words you suggested. Sure, we still enter into commercial agreements and we still have other players on big wages - I’m not suggesting otherwise. But that’s different to taking on new players for big fees & wages.

Not just on the basis of not replacing Alvarez. Not getting in anyone to help Rodri. As in previous post, if Pep thought Kovacic could be fully trusted in that role or that we had enough others in the club that can he’d have given Rodri a lot more rest last season. Let’s see what happens, but the next few weeks will be telling.

Last edited:
Disagree. McAtee is more than capable of filling Alvarez' midfield role in the squad.

He's the type of player that will excel with quality players around him. His ability to play in the pockets is in the highest tier in world football. I'd be comfortable with him playing against any opposition we may come against. It's time we stop treating our academy prospects as just that. These are top level footballers - as can be seen by the success they have once moved on.

View attachment 127545

Laughable. He has potential but he’s shown zero in comparison to what Bobb, Palmer and Foden showed at young ages. He’s not ready and Pep will show you that with his team selections this season. No chance he starts a big match, or comes off the bench in one when the score is close once everyone has got a pre season out the way. Not writing him off completely, but he isn’t ready.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.