It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Agree about the midfield, that was the first sign something is wrong imo. Been obvious for 2-3 years that Rodri needs a rest in some games, if Pep thought Kovacic could play as a 6 fairly regularly he would have done it a lot more last season. And whilst Bernardo will play more centrally this season he still isn’t a 6.

If Alvarez goes and we choose not to replace something definitely amiss and it’s more than just Peps future.
So what is your theory? That we're "dismantling" because we're going to get done by the 115? Not buying that theory. Too much evidence pointing in the opposite direction, specifically the new major sponsorship and commercial partnership deals we continue to enter into...

Imo if we had won the penalty shootout, we would have won another treble.

The team would have found it in them to win at least one game against bayern which could have been enough.

And after that it is one final, and with that looming, no way they lose the fa cup final like that,the focus would have been there.

And then the final, with 4 trophies in the bag, they would have had immense hunger for it.

That's how I see this team,and their character.
Me too!!!!
No, Tonali would be too much of a gamble for me...
and please no re Felix. watched him a lot over the years and he's never come anywhere near that astronomical transfer fee...
I see what you did there...but that fucker can play, don't fool yourself...

I would agree with this sentiment.

For me the defeat against Madrid in the CL made it possible to win our fourth consecutive title, without that defeat we don't win the title, our players looked tired and were struggling.

We have needed to refresh the midfield for sometime, we must be bringing in a high quality player to help Rodri, Kovacic was a great squad addition but not as a regular.

We also have several players with dubious injury records, Ake, Stones, Kovacic, Haaland and KDB all miss a lot of games or are unavailable, with the small squad we have that becomes an issue, especially later in the season.

This could well be Bobb's breakout season, he is a hell of a talent but McAtee for me is no more than a Gomez replacement.
You are way underestimating MacAtee...

You are way underestimating MacAtee...
I agree - when I look at a player playing just off the striker I always look at the timing & quality of his through balls and from what I saw during the pre season and to an extent during his loan spells he looks decent. I also think he can really up his goals ratio so there is a lot to look forward to with James.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.