It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

One, I'm not arguing, and two I'm not going to keep making my point over and over again. I've made my point clearly a couple of times now and if you don't see any merit to what I'm saying that's more than OK with me. And three there's nothing fucking silly about my opinion.

If you truly believe we'd have won the Prem if Pep continued shoehorning Alvarez into the first 11 after the 2 consecutive draws with Liverpool and Arsenal then I suggest that's some serious silly...JMO

So it is two games now, not the whole season then? Glad we clarified that. Against top opposition and with not all players available.

People setting themselves up for big disappointment thinking Bobb is going to be all that. He might be, but in truth he's played very little, is very young, and hasn't really done anything yet. To think he's going to step up and make us not miss Alvarez is setting yourself up to be disappointed.
Scored a late winner at one of the toughest away grounds in the country

He wasn't shoehorned in anywhere. It's not his best position but he can play it and he was in because he was the best option there at the time.

kdb was injured for the entire first half of the season, foden was playing out wide because he hadn't yet fully made his mark centrally and because he was the best option out wide too especially when a raw doku picked up an injury, grealish was completely out of form and bobb hadn't become an option.

Alvarez and foden carried us for a huge chunk of the season, describing him as below average and piss poor anywhere other than upfront is as wide of the mark as a Nunez shot. Pep doesn't give a fuck about pleasing players, he plays the best team available to him and Alvarez played more than everyone.
As an 8 or on the wings he was piss poor, simple as...not his fault...it's not in his skillset...the kid is a 9 and a very good one. He's also very good in a 2 striker set up as proven with Argentina and to some extent here. He's not a good midfielder. Credit to him for doing whatever was asked of him, but that doesn't mean he was good at it. I don't know why that's such a controversial take. If he were happy to deputize for Haaland that would be great for us, but I happen to agree with him that he's too good for that role. I don't see Pep going to a two striker set up anytime soon so he's fucked there as well. His decision to move on makes a ton of sense for him and our decision to let him go at that price makes sense for us as well.

As far as McAtee, I've been following him since his academy days and I'm not wavering from the idea that he will come good as an AM. He is good on the ball, good in tight spaces, has good vision, and can pass through the windows. At 21 he's in a good place behind the likes of Foden and DeBruyne. I'm all for finding out where he can go...

If we go by previous transfers that have come in, they are all players with a similar traits in that they progress the ball quickly, push forward. Savio,Nunes , Kovacic, Doku etc all similar in that they progress the ball quickly from defence to attack.

Going off that the player to replace Alvarez in the squad will probably be the same, progress the ball quickly , pushes forward from defence to attack. Bruno G , Eze and Neto who we have been linked with all fall into that category.

Fuckinell' are you his mother?

Only embarrassing when he posts a cryptic music video that amounts to FA and you wet the bed.
It's important to note that the lad comes on here and gives us information out of his own time, He doesn't have to give us any information whatsoever, Personally I appreciate that.

There's actually a function on BM which you can hit the "Ignore" button, You could put Tolmie on Ignore or just not read his posts instead of giving him down the glen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.