It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

But he's not really proven anything has he? Decent player on a terrible team last year. Did some ok stuff in preseason, but can hardly be compared to Alvarez and his very valuable contributions to the first team and to his country.
I'm not comparing them directly. Their situations are entirely different. I'm comparing Alvarez to our other options in the attacking midfield role and saying I prefer McAtee being 4th or 5th choice at this time to Alvarez being 1st or 2nd choice and displacing the likes of Foden and now Bobb...

When you have watched as much "soccer" many of us have over the decades we just know when a young player has got it or not. Bobb has got it. Don't forget without his last minute contender of the season goal vrs Newcastle, City would not have won the league . . .
Like I said, he might be all that. But with a young player, who has accomplished very little to date, it's a lot of expectation to think he'll contribute anywhere near as much as Alvarez has. Again, he might but history shows it rarely happens.

People setting themselves up for big disappointment thinking Bobb is going to be all that. He might be, but in truth he's played very little, is very young, and hasn't really done anything yet. To think he's going to step up and make us not miss Alvarez is setting yourself up to be disappointed.

I kind of agree with this and see your point entirely, but I have a sneeky feeling Bobb with be special.

Unlikely we see the best of him this season, but you can tell by when he plays that Pep trusts him.

He came on at big moments in games and shown class (obviously Newcastle springs to mind, but a few times where he has done something a bit special).

Might not age massively well that comment, but sure you hope that’s the case to.

And I still think that's nonsense.

For a start, I doubt people saying that, have watched more than 12 minutes of McAtee. People are also belittling what Alvarez has done, in either position that he shifts between, because they are simply bitter that he made a comment about wabting to play a bigger role. Put the two together and you have revisionist bullshit.

I am ok with Alvarez leaving, it is a great offer. I want to see Bobb get more minutes, and McAtee too if Pep thinks so. But let's not get fucking silly now, going overboard trying to argue a nonsense point.
One, I'm not arguing, and two I'm not going to keep making my point over and over again. I've made my point clearly a couple of times now and if you don't see any merit to what I'm saying that's more than OK with me. And three there's nothing fucking silly about my opinion.

If you truly believe we'd have won the Prem if Pep continued shoehorning Alvarez into the first 11 after the 2 consecutive draws with Liverpool and Arsenal then I suggest that's some serious silly...JMO

Bobb is awesome but he needs to be cautious in vulnerable positions just as much as he needs to be unpredictable in promising positions.

Most of us who aren’t cunts appreciate his posts and now he’s made it public who he is and what his background is you’d think that cunts would stop trying to dig him out.

Then you remember this is BM..
Who is he?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.