It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

2 more arrivals imo.

Phillips, Cancelo, JWE, Nunes & Perrone will leave imo.

Ederson, Ortega, Carsson

Ake, Akanji, Stones, Gvardiol, Walker, Rico, Dias

Bobb, KDB, Foden, Grealish, Doku, Savinho, Bernardo, Kovacic & McAtee

Haaland

That's a 20 man squad which Pep likes. Striker has to come imo. I think with the wide players we have Bernardo will play in the middle a lot more. I'd maybe consider a LB as I don't think we'll cover Rodri.

Ederson

Walker Dias Akanji Gvardiol

Rodri

Bernardo KDB

Savinho Haaland Doku

It's hard to pick a best 11 without signing anybody else ha. Foden, Bernardo & KDB fighting for 2 spots.

It's great to be a blue.
You wanting Phillips, Cancelo & Nunes to leave doesn't mean it will happen.

Clubs need to offer a decent fee and match their wages.

They have not earn't what we pay them yet, so who is going to put the money down to taken them?

Not necessarily, with Pep it’s all in minor details and he makes several tweaks in game and after it. That’s speaking outside of the general playstyle. Another manager might appreciate profiles and be okay with what we have but the reality is they will have to start from scratch, even if it’s not Klopp and the philosophy is similar. It would more or less have to be an entirely new system for the team to fully be on the same wavelength as the new manager.

We’ve seen what likes of Potter Pochettino have tried to do at Chelsea by attempting a modern play style with expensive players/profiles but that’s where you see doesn’t always turn out great, especially when the club adds players to the squad that you have to work with, instead of you asking the club for specific personnel.

That is my main reason for believing Pep’s future has had a huge impact on this summer window. All the new signings are for key areas and affect the potential next core of our squad. If Pep stays better he rebuilds it how he sees it, else another manager brings his own ideas and personnel to see how it works best.
Fair enough but don’t really agree. City now have a style and whilst over time it may adjust, the blueprint and style will in principal remain the same.

Don’t think so the whole point of a DOF , having every team from the youngest age group to the first team playing the same way is set so the players we buy for Pep are exactly the players we buy for the next manager. The manager after Pep will be chosen by his ability to play the same way with the same players,we won’t choose a manger then change players and targets to adapt to that manager. As was said years ago the holistic way.
That would be a mistake on our part because no manager can operate on the same level as Pep or even come close. Might just be me though, because you have to let each manager have a bit of their own identity, not just adapt to specific way just because. We’re underestimating the gap in quality between Pep and another manager that is like Pep.

No doubt having the core will dictate which manager comes in next but I wouldn’t be too set on continuing where Pep left off. Look at the clubs that tried to continue where he left off for example.

Clubs, including ours, are using time as a negotiating tool.

We are holding out for deals that involve some payment or guarantee of future payment for Kalvin and Cancelo. Interested clubs are holding out for us getting tetchy and conceding a free loan the closer it gets.

But I am convinced once they leave, there will be additional signings. I just can't aee us going into the season with 2,3 fewer players than any other season.

Clubs, including ours, are using time as a negotiating tool.

We are holding out for deals that involve some payment or guarantee of future payment for Kalvin and Cancelo. Interested clubs are holding out for us getting tetchy and conceding a free loan the closer it gets.

But I am convinced once they leave, there will be additional signings. I just can't aee us going into the season with 2,3 fewer players than any other season.
Money is the issue across all clubs, Chelsea apart.

It's a question of who blinks first, once it starts the last few weeks of the window will be chaotic.

Money is the issue across all clubs, Chelsea apart.

It's a question of who blinks first, once it starts the last few weeks of the window will be chaotic.

Interesting the line he used, about 'not spending money on players that will play 10 or so games, it is not sustainable'. A bit of a new one for Pep.

For the first time in a while, I am really excited over a transfer window.

Usually there are rumoured targets and solid guesses, assumed alternatives, and we then watch the dance steps unfold and it usually results in mostly what was expected. Yeah there is the odd surprise, like Akanji, Alvarez, Ortega, but mostly it is a case of outline a list and work through it.

This window, almost nothing. Some guesses around the seemingly obvious, Guimares Eze Wharton, but really, we are well in the dark.

And I find that quite exciting. With just over two weeks left, could be really interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.