It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

From a fans perspective it’s all been a bit frustrating this summer - not much inward transfer activity to date but, the big difference is that there’s been no reliable inside info. The club have seemingly been successful at closing all leaks and no doubt actively at City is unchanged from other years but we know less about it. We could have had unsuccessful bids for players already this summer that we don’t know about. It’s just a case of being patient and I’m sure it makes it easier for the club to do its business without all the media speculation. It makes you wonder if Omar was the one leaking info…. Who knows.
yep he was, confirmed by tolmie, hence that's why u see when ornstein get all the rags exclusives now...

I stand corrected, saw him play in the Olympics but that is obviously classed as under 23. However, the point still stands.Why go from River Plate first team to someone like Norwich City or Watford?

Perrone went from Velez to Las Palmas and it's been good for his development. From what I've seen of Echeverri he looks talented but raw. Happy to be corrected and he has every chance of impressing when he joins up in January.

Someone nabbing a bargain with this kid.

We should try. Fairly sure he started out as a DM, moved to CB, can also cover right back. If Phillips is sold this would be a shrewd buy. Would ease the burden on Akanji and especially Stones who’s injury prone.

We should try. Fairly sure he started out as a DM, moved to CB, can also cover right back. If Phillips is sold this would be a shrewd buy. Would ease the burden on Akanji and especially Stones who’s injury prone.
can play RB/RCB as well. but dont think we would unless Kyle fucks off.

I'm not saying it will be the same for us but Bayern won SEVEN consecutive Bundesliga titles including a treble in 2020 starting the year after Pep left and Barca won 5 La Liga titles and finished 2nd in two others also with a treble in 2015 following Pep's departure. So looking at the clubs upon Pep leaving completely disproves your point. Just sayin"...
Bayern till Hansi Flick winning the Bundesliga doesn’t really paint the whole picture of how they wanted to be better and struggled with managers and identity after Pep. And Barca won with Lucho because that’s arguably up there with the best collection of attack ever assembled. Can’t really use that here given context. Both suffered long term. Bayern just hired Kompany to try and emulate what they had with Pep, so they’ve clearly been trying for years. Not just about silverware you’ll obtain solely off squad strength.

Prem is a different ball game however, it is only because of Pep why we keep winning, but even then the margins are getting closer and closer. Next manager I don’t think manages to have the success rate like him. And football always keeps evolving, Madrid never relied on a style of play or a specific identity because they kept switching it up. What pep’s done will keep us set for years to come, but it doesn’t mean the next manager should try the same thing, firstly because he isn’t Pep and secondly it’s as I said you have to have new ideas instead of copy paste or it doesn’t work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.