It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Those are his stats - last 2 seasons he has underperformed his expected goals by 4 and 6. You can only get away with missing that many good chances if you are scoring huge volumes as well. Don't think there's any indication that he wouldn't want decent money, and there's no evidence he'd be a good option off the bench. His passing is god awful as well. His only talent is winning headers.

I would definitely expect to see a marked improvement statistically under Pep though.

That would be a mistake on our part because no manager can operate on the same level as Pep or even come close. Might just be me though, because you have to let each manager have a bit of their own identity, not just adapt to specific way just because. We’re underestimating the gap in quality between Pep and another manager that is like Pep.

No doubt having the core will dictate which manager comes in next but I wouldn’t be too set on continuing where Pep left off. Look at the clubs that tried to continue where he left off for example.
I'm not saying it will be the same for us but Bayern won SEVEN consecutive Bundesliga titles including a treble in 2020 starting the year after Pep left and Barca won 5 La Liga titles and finished 2nd in two others also with a treble in 2015 following Pep's departure. So looking at the clubs upon Pep leaving completely disproves your point. Just sayin"...

I stand corrected, saw him play in the Olympics but that is obviously classed as under 23. However, the point still stands.Why go from River Plate first team to someone like Norwich City or Watford?

I stand corrected, saw him play in the Olympics but that is obviously classed as under 23. However, the point still stands.Why go from River Plate first team to someone like Norwich City or Watford?
Think he gets another 6months at River, with Gallardo back. Arrives here in summer. but purely gut feeling.

Agree. Echeverry isn't going anywhere near that type of football, simple as...

Why is nobody moving for Wharton and why are City keeping quiet I can only hope.
Wharton and Eze in for Nunes and Philips plus a heap of cash I can only hope.
Wharton has only played half a season in PL - I wouldn't expect anyone to move for him or Palace to allow him to go without a silly offer or even Wharton to want to move on without giving Palace another year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.