It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Whatever we do in midfield when Rodri isn't there, we need to make sure we don't fill the midfield with just carry-first players. Or at least get them to restrict their instincts to carry-first. Rodri is a fantastic carrier of the ball but the big difference when he's not there is the passing in midfield. He progresses the ball incredibly well, sets the pace of the game and allows the attacks to develop (which allows the defence to set). Kovacic hasn't shown that level of control and range of passing for us on his own yet - as an example, Rodri attempts 4x as many long passes per 90.

I can't think of a DM or versatile CM that can play there, or Striker that can drop like Alvarez did etc, both U23 that can be understudies in the world really.. its gonna be really tough to fill those spots (if City wants to) .Cos I doubt there will come any AM more like Eze, I really think Pep feels he is well covered there and the wings positions now. re: His press conference. I feel he wants a technical player there IE when he referenced to Philips lack of close control and having the play infront of him.
edit: https://www.transfermarkt.com/spiel...&jahrgang=0&land_id=0&kontinent_id=0&yt0=Show

Im sure they got some on their lists though, but probably not that established at least not the midfielder, backup young striker might be much easier frankly.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.