It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Week from the start of the season and the major concerns still haven't been addressed in that we have no midfield cover for Rodri, We are short at the back and are also about to be critically short upfront once alvarez's exit is confirmed.

The obvious big offloads of the summer in Phillips and cancelo still haven't happened yet either.

fair to say Txiki needs to pull his finger out and get some business done pretty soon. Been an unusual window so far, We usually get our main business of the summer done early doors, yet the only thing we've done is a deal between a club we own. Wonder why thats the case this summer, perhaps main targets falling through? Still enough time to do what we want, no need to panic but lots of work for him to do.
I think it's one of two things why we've been so quiet 1) Pep isn't renewing, funds going to new manager
2) saving money for next summer when the rebuild could be big, several big players out of contract, ageing

I think it's one of two things why we've been so quiet 1) Pep isn't renewing, funds going to new manager
2) saving money for next summer when the rebuild could be big, several big players out of contract, ageing

Not saying we should spend spend spend. But by next summer there could be more severe spending restrictions.

It would be a huge shift from the club to just decide not to back Pep. They aren't going to let this season just be a procession because hes going, that isn't how we operate.

I think quite clearly there is no value in the market in positions we need, I think it speaks volumes that Liverpool and as much as I hate them are very similar to us in structure and they have signed no one also.

Dont believe any of those are remotely plausible in my eyes.

Even if Pep goes which I don't believe he will, The plan remains the same, we play this way now, a new manager comes in and works under the same infrastructure, he'll have input of course but signings won't be down to the manager, we will be run the same with or without pep. Do you honestly think we won't have continuity plans in place for Pep departing? Not a chance that has anything to do with it. You'd also query that if it was his last season, Why wouldn't you give him absolutely everything and push for another treble season.

We don't need to save money. We're on a 3 year profit projection, we can spend big this summer and next if we want to and for future seasons its much more preferable if spending is spread otherwise one season of massive spending has a bigger impact on soending for the following 3 years. In addition to that, leaving ourselves needing a huge rebuild in one summer is precisely what we've avoided doing for thr last decade and a key reason why we've been successful. The hierarchy are always forward planning, there is no reason to presume they are suddenly going to deviate from that.

There is no cover for Rodri, I can't believe people keep saying this. You are not getting better than Kovacic, we should be thankful we have him.

Short at the back, where exactly because we have several players who are already going to be sat on the bench next weekend because our defense is stacked.

If there was any business to be done, we would do it. Our squad is already bigger than what Pep wants, there is no space for anyone else.
If we are not getting cover for Rodri and we are gonna use kova then let’s hope Rodri doesn’t get injured and can play virtually every minute because if he gets injured we are cooked .

If we are not getting cover for Rodri and we are gonna use kova then let’s hope Rodri doesn’t get injured and can play virtually every minute because if he gets injured we are cooked .
Well of course we hope Rodri doesn't get injured but there is no one better than Kovacic who is joining to sit on the bench, surely that is obvious?

If Rodri is fit, he plays. Pep has made sure that everyone knows that.

There is no cover for Rodri, I can't believe people keep saying this. You are not getting better than Kovacic, we should be thankful we have him.

Short at the back, where exactly because we have several players who are already going to be sat on the bench next weekend because our defense is stacked.

If there was any business to be done, we would do it. Our squad is already bigger than what Pep wants, there is no space for anyone else.
I'm certainly not underappreciating him, go read the kovacic threads, I'm a massive fan of kovacic and backed him throughout, he's simply not a 6. He plays alongside rodri, he can't do rodri's role, never has been able to do that and isn't going to learn it at this stage.

Our defence is stacked? Since when? Did you not see pre-season where we spent most of it with midfielders filling in? We have 6 defenders in the squad for 4 positions. That is far from stacked. Arsenal list 9 defenders, Liverpool 11. United 10, we've got 6
Who would you sign as a viable backup option to Rodri?
Fuck knows mate, I'm not Txiki. I don't accept saying there's nobody out there simply because us fans who at most have played a bit of football manager, cannot put forward a suggestion. we have an extensive global scouting network, arguably the best on the planet with dozens upon dozens of scouts solely focused on identifying targets, there isn't a chance we cannot identify multiple viable options for every single position.

I'm certainly not underappreciating him, go read the kovacic threads, I'm a massive fan of kovacic and backed him throughout, he's simply not a 6. He plays alongside rodri, he can't do rodri's role, never has been able to do that and isn't going to learn it at this stage.

Our defence is stacked? Since when? Did you not see pre-season where we spent most of it with midfielders filling in? We have 6 defenders in the squad for 4 positions. That is far from stacked. Arsenal list 9 defenders, Liverpool 11. United 10, we've got 6
Well we better just adapt when Kovacic plays then, we aren't going to sign a specific 6 just to take up a squad space.

I saw pre season yeah, nearly every defender was having a break after their efforts in the Euros, whats that got to do with anything?
Stones, Dias, Akanji, Lewis, Ake, Gvardiol and Walker. 7 defenders. 2 that play at LB, 4 that play at CB and 4 that can play at RB.

How is having a ton of defenders working out for them?
Oh, won fuck all in the past several years I see. We should follow that I guess?

I'm certainly not underappreciating him, go read the kovacic threads, I'm a massivIe fan of kovacic and backed him throughout, he's simply not a 6. He plays alongside rodri, he can't do rodri's role, never has been able to do that and isn't going to learn it at this stage.

Fuck knows mate, I'm not Txiki. I don't accept saying there's nobody out there simply because us fans who at most have played a bit of football manager, cannot put forward a suggestion. we have an extensive global scouting network, arguably the best on the planet with dozens upon dozens of scouts solely focused on identifying targets, there isn't a chance we cannot identify multiple viable options for every single position.
I still don´t get why we don´t sign a left back...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.