It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Pep trusts this squad of players and rightly so but can they do it for another season with the Euros only just out of the way. It's a huge ask and a freshening up of the squad would've been nice, but maybe the idea all along was to blood the likes of Mcatee, O'reilly, Bobb in more matches this season hopefully saving the club multi millions in the market. The gamble there though is can they deliver when given the chance

Small club mentality this summer. McAtee and O’Rielly?…what a drop off.
Uncertainty with the manager, the charges? Whatever the factors, it will be the determining factor this season.
Europe is a write off and It is Arsenal’s title to lose.
Anyone with an other opinion is simply thinking with the heart.
Not sure what you are thinking with

I can't really understand the desperate need to buy.

Ederson, Ortega, Carson = no keeper needed
Walker, Lewis, Akanji, Stones, Dias, Ake, Gvardiol = no defenders needed
Rodri, Kovacic, Nunes, DeBruyne, Foden, Bernardo, Grealish, O'Reilly, McAtee, Perrone = no central midfielders needed
Bobb, Doku, Savinho, = no wingers needed
Haaland

The only position, arguably, that we require is a back-up to Haaland. Given we are likely to play a false 9 in his absence, with a front line combination of Bobb, Doku, Savinho, Foden or DeBruyne, I don't see a centre forward of the highest calibre being willing to sit out game after game.

As for Rodri, similar. He isn't replaceable, so you rely on the combination of central midfielders we have.

Perrone will leave on loan again, Nico will train full time for the first team but is too raw for a week in week out at this level, Mcatee will get minutes but won’t be in every matchday squad imo and Nunes will have a solution found by Mendes and the club imo as well. Bobb is the main one who will benefit this season but we can’t stand still as others aren’t? KDB picks up injuries at times throughout the season and is 33 so will need resting at times, Rodri will need breaks and we saw yesterday that Kova isn’t the answer there?

Bruno would cost well over 100M crazy money in this market.

Wharton is very raw and could he come into this team straight away? And I find it difficult to beleive he has the rumoured release clause mentioned.

FDJ for me would be outstanding in a Pep team but again would be want to come?

Naves raw and for me very overrated.

Has Tixki got one of his out of nowhere signings lined up?

I think FDJ would come mate

If we’re not going to buy a DM then I imagine when Rodri isn’t available, we’ll see Kovacic and Bernardo as a double pivot, particularly in the bigger games.

The wages thing has been done to death though mate? It’s was deferred wages due to Covid and not his actual wage? There was also talk that Barca would know the difference off the transfer fee to make it up for him? I think he would move to us now as the Barca move although romantic for him at the time has gone Tom tit now and the chance to work with Pep with our squad and fight for all trophies every season would be too good for him to turn down imo.
obviosly barca would bite our hands to sell him, they have tried it for years to do it to rags. don't think i've ever seen frenkie saying that he would want a move, i believe he doesn't care about trophies that much tbh, it's all about the cash

obviosly barca would bite our hands to sell him, they have tried it for years to do it to rags. don't think i've ever seen frenkie saying that he would want a move, i believe he doesn't care about trophies that much tbh, it's all about the cash

I think he’s wants his deferred wages mate without question but from a footballing perspective he would join Pep in a heartbeat imo

Small club mentality this summer. McAtee and O’Rielly?…what a drop off.
Uncertainty with the manager, the charges? Whatever the factors, it will be the determining factor this season.
Europe is a write off and It is Arsenal’s title to lose.
Anyone with an other opinion is simply thinking with the heart.

1000021947.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.