It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I can't really understand the desperate need to buy.

Ederson, Ortega, Carson = no keeper needed
Walker, Lewis, Akanji, Stones, Dias, Ake, Gvardiol = no defenders needed
Rodri, Kovacic, Nunes, DeBruyne, Foden, Bernardo, Grealish, O'Reilly, McAtee, Perrone = no central midfielders needed
Bobb, Doku, Savinho, = no wingers needed
Haaland

The only position, arguably, that we require is a back-up to Haaland. Given we are likely to play a false 9 in his absence, with a front line combination of Bobb, Doku, Savinho, Foden or DeBruyne, I don't see a centre forward of the highest calibre being willing to sit out game after game.

As for Rodri, similar. He isn't replaceable, so you rely on the combination of central midfielders we have.

Bruno would cost well over 100M crazy money in this market.

Wharton is very raw and could he come into this team straight away? And I find it difficult to beleive he has the rumoured release clause mentioned.

FDJ for me would be outstanding in a Pep team but again would be want to come?

Naves raw and for me very overrated.

Has Tixki got one of his out of nowhere signings lined up?

I think with Bobb, Doku and Savio we can safely say we've replaced Mahrez.

Having this many wingers, throw in Jack as well, means Phil and Bernie should play centrally all the time thus softening the departure of Gundo.
Kev is still with us too and looks fit.

So apart from the Rodri cunundrum we are good to go. Kovacic looking like he'll be more important this year.
Kovacic issue is the niggling injuries he gets, throughout his career he has had problems.

Rodri, Kovacic, Nunes, DeBruyne, Foden, Bernardo, Grealish, O'Reilly, McAtee, Perrone = no central midfielders needed
Haaland

The only position, arguably, that we require is a back-up to Haaland. Given we are likely to play a false 9 in his absence, with a front line combination of Bobb, Doku, Savinho, Foden or DeBruyne, I don't see a centre forward of the highest calibre being willing to sit out game after game.

As for Rodri, similar. He isn't replaceable, so you rely on the combination of central midfielders we have.

Looking at the midfield though, whilst it is looking likely we won't get a back up for Rodri, I still look at the attacking midfield options and see that we are going to be hoping for one big last hurrah from Kev and hope Foden replicates last seasons form.

None of the other options have that many goals or assists in them. Even Bernardo - whilst a scorer of important goals - isn't a great goalscorer or assistant.

The wide areas I am not concerned about at all, it's supplying them though.

Haaland

There is not a player in the world at this time that could replace Rodri but that's not what we want, we need a player to compliment and also allow Rodri to get periods of rest.

Haaland

Watching, Lewis,Bobb and Savinho yesterday confirmed we have effectively three new FIRST team players and lost one in Alvarez. Would like cover for Haaland and back up for Rodri but am happy for the kids to flourish for the longer term benefits.

Looking at the midfield though, whilst it is looking likely we won't get a back up for Rodri, I still look at the attacking midfield options and see that we are going to be hoping for one big last hurrah from Kev and hope Foden replicates last seasons form.

None of the other options have that many goals or assists in them. Even Bernardo - whilst a scorer of important goals - isn't a great goalscorer or assistant.

The wide areas I am not concerned about at all, it's supplying them.
100% ^

We needs some goals and assists brought in, unless Grealish produces far more and Bobb/Silvio replace Alvarez's contribution.

There is not a player in the world at this time that could replace Rodri but that's not what we want, we need a player to compliment and also allow Rodri to get periods of rest.
I think we have that. It's a personal view of course, but I don't think we can improve on the players we have to cover for Rodri's absence. I suspect that we will use Kova and Bernardo, or bring Stones/Gvardiol in to augment.

Watching, Lewis,Bobb and Savinho yesterday confirmed we have effectively three new FIRST team players

For the community shield, yes. Maybe for the carabao cup too it they are lucky. They won't be first team players in the league or champions league though.

I agree on goving hem a chance though, enough quality there for that in the squad.

I think we have that. It's a personal view of course, but I don't think we can improve on the players we have to cover for Rodri's absence. I suspect that we will use Kova and Bernardo, or bring Stones/Gvardiol in to augment.
Disagree personally, I think we look very light in central MF, if we were to lose Rodri for any period of time we are in trouble in terms of titles and at the end of the day that what we are about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.