It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think with Bobb, Doku and Savio we can safely say we've replaced Mahrez.

Having this many wingers, throw in Jack as well, means Phil and Bernie should play centrally all the time thus softening the departure of Gundo.
Kev is still with us too and looks fit.

So apart from the Rodri cunundrum we are good to go. Kovacic looking like he'll be more important this year.
Grealish and Kovacic won't add goals from the midfield. Grealish is also not a 6/8 which is what we need. Nunes will have to step up but it's a big if and a big ask.

I can't really understand the desperate need to buy.

Ederson, Ortega, Carson = no keeper needed
Walker, Lewis, Akanji, Stones, Dias, Ake, Gvardiol = no defenders needed
Rodri, Kovacic, Nunes, DeBruyne, Foden, Bernardo, Grealish, O'Reilly, McAtee, Perrone = no central midfielders needed
Bobb, Doku, Savinho, = no wingers needed
Haaland

The only position, arguably, that we require is a back-up to Haaland. Given we are likely to play a false 9 in his absence, with a front line combination of Bobb, Doku, Savinho, Foden or DeBruyne, I don't see a centre forward of the highest calibre being willing to sit out game after game.

As for Rodri, similar. He isn't replaceable, so you rely on the combination of central midfielders we have.
O'Reilly and Perrone won't start games to let Rodri or other midfielders rest. They will probably be come on in the last 10mins if they stay

The trouble with this forum is you can’t have a negative voice. I bet if you head over to the Arsenal forum, they would be saying that City appear to be weaker, and the last two summer windows have proven that to be right. We’ve got the best guy in charge, he can make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear, but should it be that way?
There’s a definite shift in mindset.
Tolmie said the other day, we have all that Alvarez money to use, but then what about the other money generated?
There is a drop off, or complacency.
I suspect it is Pep leaving, rather than the charges.
The downslope always starts with one step….

Grealish and Kovacic won't add goals from the midfield. Grealish is also not a 6/8 which is what we need. Nunes will have to step up but it's a big if and a big ask.
Bernardo playing central as an 8 instead of cutting in from the right might though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.