It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Do you ever follow, Stefan? He’s on here but I’m not sure of his name. Maybe Projectriver.
He’s Slbsn on twitter.
A finance expert, he said City are in great shape, they could’ve afforded Mbappe.
So either it is a change of manager or anticipation of sanctions?
Why would you improve the stadium and not the team?
Confident of going to the Bernabeu and getting a result with this squad?
No reason for it to be like this, but if you flag it up, you’re a rag.

I’m not on Twitter mate, read it once and it was a cesspit of shite! Yeah because we have done a treble, domestic quad and won every trophy possible some are happy now as they never thought they would see it but it’s just not the mentality that we should have? Could still happen but we should sign one top player a season in certain areas to keep driving on to dominate season after season, especially while we have Pep. If Pep left, the ethos and style of football is now set within the club so the new coach would be hired on that basis so there should be issues there.

Do you ever follow, Stefan? He’s on here but I’m not sure of his name. Maybe Projectriver.
He’s Slbsn on twitter.
A finance expert, he said City are in great shape, they could’ve afforded Mbappe.
That’s not all the reasons for deciding not to spend (so far) though is it. Just those with a negative slant. This squad or maybe a slightly weaker version of it because as it stands today I think we are very slightly stronger,did go to the Bernabau last season we lost the tie on penalties.It did win the league though.

He’s Slbsn on twitter.
If it helps, I don't think you're rag.

A dipper maybe but most definitely an idiot.

Why on earth would we send Bobb out on loan?
I was playing Devil’s Advocate mate, as there was some chatter of Bobb being a target for Newcastle earlier, wasn’t being 100% serious.

I rate Bobb as highly as anyone but I do still think he’ll struggle for game time sadly, purely as a function of how many good players we have up top.

If Bobb starts, then it effectively means that one of KDB, Foden and Bernado won’t be playing, and also that two of Grealish, Savinho and Doku won’t be playing as well. And that’s before we possibly sign another forward.

I know that injuries and the need to rotate means that not everyone will be available through the season, but when you look at it like that it does highlight how difficult it is for a young player to get regular games for us.

He’s Slbsn on twitter.
Who is available to improve our starting 11? Who is available to improve our squad? I only rally see us needing a alvarez replacement but u could say with savio coming in and bobb and mcatee staying th squad is quite deep. Another reason for not spending squad players this season is we are going to have to replace walker bernie and kdb next summer. Might as well save the cash for then. Also clubs might be even more desperate for cash next summer and we can pick players up on the cheap.

I think we are slightly stronger this year. For me, the only frustrating part is we didn't get Kimmich who was available (and fixes our two biggest weaknesses in the RB and 6/8). Other than that:

GK: equally strong as last season.

Defense: Walker will be as average as the last 2 seasons (34 y.o), Gvardiol should have his 2nd season under Pep (and his last 3 months were superb), Akanji was the best defender of the Euro, at least one out of Ake and Stones should have a better season injury-wise, and Dias just had his worst season with us and I expect him to improve + Rico with 1more year of experience. Slightly stronger here.

Midfield: KDB might be slightly worse, but he should be more available. I expect Foden and Rodri to keep their level, Bernardo as an 8 should be better than as RW, Kovacic 2nd season under Pep should improve and McAtee looks promising enough. I don't expect much from Nunes or Nico for our season. Again slightly stronger.

Wingers: Grealish cannot have a worse season, Doku 2nd season, Bobb looks the real deal and Savio is really good. Here we will be significantly stronger than last season.

9: without Alvarez we lack depth, but Haaland should have a better season than last one. Slightly weaker.

My fears are for next season. We have to replace Bernardo, KDB and Walker. And if Grealish or Stones have a season like the last one (especially Stones who will be 31 with his injury history), we might have to replace 5 important players in the worst-case scenario. For me, waiting until next season to possibly make all these changes is a mistake.

Every year we have the same conversations. Every year some want to splash out, some want to promote academy players, some believe we are seriously weaker, others insist we are not. I cannot think of a season in the last five when this hasn't been the case. We have lost Alvarez. We have gained Savinho. Not much has changed.
Stand still in football…you go backwards!

Every year we have the same conversations. Every year some want to splash out, some want to promote academy players, some believe we are seriously weaker, others insist we are not. I cannot think of a season in the last five when this hasn't been the case. We have lost Alvarez. We have gained Savinho. Not much has changed.
& McAtee & O'Reilly

My fears are for next season. We have to replace Bernardo, KDB and Walker. And if Grealish or Stones have a season like the last one (especially Stones who will be 31 with his injury history), we might have to replace 5 important players in the worst-case scenario. For me, waiting until next season to possibly make all these changes is a mistake.
We dont have a choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.