It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The problem with signing someone to cover Rodri is that they have to be alright with being a bench player or it means dropping an attacking midfielder to accommodate someone next to Rodri. It’s a difficult one

I could be wrong but Kovacic doesn’t strike me as a player who demands to be played every match so he could be the one to drop out if we get a starter.

Personally not fussed as I love me some Kovaball

Going for Eze would be terrible for Oscar Bobb. This was my fear… the stars had aligned for him, his opportunity had presented itself. Now it gets slammed shut with no guarantee of opening back up again. We don’t need another attacking midfielder, we need a 6/8.

With these kids, it’s very rarely about their actual ability. They all have ability. It’s mainly about opportunity. And that’s why I’m so depressed about the Bobb injury. His chance was here, it was now. No guarantee those stars align again…

Pep adores him. He’ll get his chances when he’s back.

Going for Eze would be terrible for Oscar Bobb. This was my fear… the stars had aligned for him, his opportunity had presented itself. Now it gets slammed shut with no guarantee of opening back up again. We don’t need another attacking midfielder, we need a 6/8.

With these kids, it’s very rarely about their actual ability. They all have ability. It’s mainly about opportunity. And that’s why I’m so depressed about the Bobb injury. His chance was here, it was now. No guarantee those stars align again…

But the other way to look at it would be that we take care bringing Oscar back and make sure he`s right? We have loads of games in between now and his return maybe even in January? Added to the fact KDB may leave in the summer and Bernardo as well opens spots up as well?

The problem with signing someone to cover Rodri is that they have to be alright with being a bench player or it means dropping an attacking midfielder to accommodate someone next to Rodri. It’s a difficult one
I disagree, we aren’t signing a bench player, we will have a truckload of games this season and we want someone first rate that can also play in other positions. My example of Kimmich, he would cover right back too or could play alongside Rodders as well. I understand what you mean but it’s a squad game nowadays.

This quandary around how to cover for Rodri just serves to highlight Gundogan’s brilliance - a world class goal scoring midfielder in his own right and capable of deputising for Rodri when required.

Not many players like him knocking about unfortunately.

Pep adores him. He’ll get his chances when he’s back.
Again, no guarantees. Hopefully Savinho, Doku etc will be razor sharp by the time he’s back. The season will be getting more and more serious. It’s not quite so easy to then give plenty of minutes to Bobb, if others are firing. His opportunity was right now, because of the Euros and him having a full pre-season. That opportunity doesn’t exist when he’s back, as it’s actually HIM that’s the ‘unfit’ one.

But the other way to look at it would be that we take care bringing Oscar back and make sure he`s right? We have loads of games in between now and his return maybe even in January? Added to the fact KDB may leave in the summer and Bernardo as well opens spots up as well?
Bernado will not leave util his end of contract. No club makes any offer this summer and they will not take his current wage once he is on the other side of 30.

Again, no guarantees. Hopefully Savinho, Doku etc will be razor sharp by the time he’s back. The season will be getting more and more serious. It’s not quite so easy to then give plenty of minutes to Bobb, if others are firing. His opportunity was right now, because of the Euros and him having a full pre-season. That opportunity doesn’t exist when he’s back, as it’s actually HIM that’s the ‘unfit’ one.

True. But if the rumours are right and he’s back by Christmas, it’s the busiest period of the season so plenty of minutes to be shared around the squad. He’ll be able to get 15/20 minutes at the end of games and he’s that good that he’ll make an impact.

I don’t think his pre-season will be forgotten by the coaching staff just because he’s been gone for a few months.

I agree, though, on the pathway being open for him. But it’s not all doom and gloom IMO.

Eze plays as LW and no.10, Bob as RW.
Is this such a big issue?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.