It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Not only Oscar Bobb but it will be the end of James McAtee and Oscar Bobb city career as well. Potentially affect Grealish/Foden minutes and Doku development. Eze operates in the left - mid zone which is exactly where Grealish Doku and McAtee play. He will demand game time guarantee as Spurs has already made their offer to him. I don't see James getting ahead of him if we sign a 60M player. Plus it will be difficult to see Eze and Foden KDB all playing in the middle because it will be too open. I don't see it happen in a meaningful way unless we sell some of the existing wingers/attacking midfielders to make room for him.

Eze is very bad at pressing and defending. His numbers are not really that impressive except in some odd matches - comparing to Alvarez and Bobb who are both hard worker. I simply cannot see a front including both Eze and Halaand pressing the opposition in a meaningful way which is big part of our game.

He is never a striker. He will eat up wingers and attacking midfielder minutes and give Rodri more defensive work to do. And when will poor Rodri and old Walker get their backup....?
I agree with you. I don’t like signing Eze at all, for many reasons. Just not what we need.

If Eze plays on the left, then Doku ends up getting more minutes on the right, at Bobb’s expense. If Eze plays centrally, then it opens up Foden to be used on the wing again, at least until KDB is of no use to us, again affecting Bobb’s development and again not getting the best out of Foden. We do not need any more players that play in any of the wide areas. We literally have Bobb, Savinho, Grealish, Doku, Bernardo and Foden that can play there. We don’t need Eze.

I’d genuinely rather just sign a back-up striker on a season-long loan, leaving the wingers as they are and not having to factor in false 9s. Then of course sign a 6/8 too. I much prefer that to the problems I see occurring from adding Eze to the squad.

If we’re not serious about Bobb and/or McAtee, then sign Eze. But know that it could begin the process of them going down the Palmer route and not the Foden one.

Maybe obligation if they stay up?

If they stay up and he plays a part in it I imagine they'd want him anyway.

I think at this point the club realised they made a mistake and are just trying to help the player get his confidence back. The centre half experiment showed there's still a player in there somewhere for a team lower down the league. Playing Cb for city is closer to a 6 for a team lower down the league anyway.

I agree with you. I don’t like signing Eze at all, for many reasons. Just not what we need.

If Eze plays on the left, then Doku ends up getting more minutes on the right, at Bobb’s expense. If Eze plays centrally, then it opens up Foden to be used on the wing again, at least until KDB is of no use to us, again affecting Bobb’s development and again not getting the best out of Foden. We do not need any more players that play in any of the wide areas. We literally have Bobb, Savinho, Grealish, Doku, Bernardo and Foden that can play there. We don’t need Eze.

I’d genuinely rather just sign a back-up striker on a season-long loan, leaving the wingers as they are and not having to factor in false 9s. Then of course sign a 6/8 too. I much prefer that to the problems I see occurring from adding Eze to the squad.

If we’re not serious about Bobb and/or McAtee, then sign Eze. But know that it could begin the process of them going down the Palmer route and not the Foden one.
Completely agree. With have so many players that can play multiple positions and very well. Let’s use McAtee and don’t rush Bobb back. They both could have a great future here. I’d imagine we want a 10 that can play up top as well. Musiala is the obvious name and we’d hold out for him if we think we can get him like we did Haaland. Signing Eze would mean someone is going in my opinion (Nunes/Kovacic)

If they stay up and he plays a part in it I imagine they'd want him anyway.

I think at this point the club realized they made a mistake and are just trying to help the player get his confidence back. The centre half experiment showed there's still a player in there somewhere for a team lower down the league. Playing Cb for city is closer to a 6 for a team lower down the league anyway.
Yes agree. He has more time on the ball and isn’t needed in those spilt second pockets. I think he could do well as a CB for us most of the time but would also get exploited in other areas.

Wish him all the best and hope he gets a good move.

Going for Eze would be terrible for Oscar Bobb. This was my fear… the stars had aligned for him, his opportunity had presented itself. Now it gets slammed shut with no guarantee of opening back up again. We don’t need another attacking midfielder, we need a 6/8.

With these kids, it’s very rarely about their actual ability. They all have ability. It’s mainly about opportunity. And that’s why I’m so depressed about the Bobb injury. His chance was here, it was now. No guarantee those stars align again…
Agree, I just hope it wasn’t Cancelo that injured him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.