It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

From a interview before we started targeting wingers and midfielders that dribble. Eze scores goals from outside the box , takes centre backs on. Causes them to break their shape exactly what Pep is describing

View attachment 128313

Nothing can be done without dribblers. Attacking a team that is stuck in its own goal, without players who dribble, who do not get you superiority with moves into spaces, is impossible!”- Pep Guardiola
I'm no expert but this is why I can never understand why Grealish isn't tried more in the center.

Wingers dribbling get them into a position to cross but more often than not the cross doesn't lead to real chances.

A person dribbling through the middle has to be phenomenal but they can cause total havoc. Free kicks in perfect positions for one. I think Grealish would achive that.

And if you have dribblers out wide too they can take advantage of the space created by people getting sucked into the center to defend.

Maybe I am an expert actually. Pep get over here boy and I'll sortcha.

I'm no expert but this is why I can never understand why Grealish isn't tried more in the center.

There was an interview of Grealish and then Villa manager during lockdown about Grealish moving to the left. His manager said that it was to get him into the England team. Southgate viewed Grealish as a left winger.

Quite laughable actually. That was just Southgate BS but Grealish seemed to take it very seriously.

In the end it does not help Grealish or the national team. But it helped City to win the Treble. Perhaps Sir Gareth saw Grealish's value as a left winger of controlling the game and keeping the ball in the knockout stage. But he decided that England would not need it because he did not expect the team to get out of the group LOL.

Last edited:

Wingers dribbling get them into a position to cross but more often than not the cross doesn't lead to real chances.

A person dribbling through the middle has to be phenomenal but they can cause total havoc. Free kicks in perfect positions for one. I think Grealish would achive that.

And if you have dribblers out wide too they can take advantage of the space created by people getting sucked into the center to defend.

Maybe I am an expert actually. Pep get over here boy and I'll sortcha.

Might not trust him there, I just think this is Peps latest obsession, breaking down low blocks. Pep always likes a challenge, I think he’s trying to find the best solution to it. It explains the obsession with wingers that take the full back on and midfielders that drive at Centre backs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.