It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I disagree. Zubimendi yes, Eze, no not in my opinion.

I don't think there is much in the rumoured interest either. I think we were interested last year, but ended up signing Doku, and imo it ended there. I think people are still carrying that into this season and putting two and two together with Alvarez leaving. I'd rather see a basic striker than yet another hybrid winger midfielder, of which we have so many. All of which are better than Eze. Apart from arguably Grealish whonwould be most impacted by that signing.
Tbh just sounds like his agent is trying to drum up interest more than anything

Now we definitely need to buy Bruno G, he's a quality player. We have to keep an eye on arsenal too, if we make a mistake they'll take over the lead from us...
The problem is that Newcastle does not need to sell right now after meeting the requirement of FFP and it sounds like they don't even consider a bid.

We can ask for a last time for sure.

It is more realistic to buy someone from La Liga. Real Sociedad will not let zubimendi go except triggering release clause because they are going to sell Mikle Merino to Arsenal. Merino only has one year left on his contract so club has to sell him. They don't want to lose both of the midfielders at the same time.

If we act fast, we can either buy Mikle Merino with a quite decent price for ourselves or trigger the release clause for Zubimendi and it will block Merino deal to Arsenal. But we have to act fast. Merino is more likely to accept a squad role. Arsenal side said he would be compete for a spot with Rice. Zubimendi was thinking about getting no 6 spot at Liverpool knowing there is no other 6 competing with him. So I don't expect him happy to be Rodri backup.

Way too many people on here completely writing off Nunes. Likely gonna be some humble pie eaten.
I think so but chances will be limited. When I had accepted Bernado was going to go I thought Nunes would excel with the chance.

I do think he’ll have a much better season still.

Zubimendi - €60m
Varela - €60m
Hjulmund - €80m
Bennacer - €50m

the only DM/CM i can think of with a release clause still pending this window...Sure some lads were rumoured to be going for less though Guerra (€30m) etc

Last edited:
Absolutely no point in another winger, Pep seems to have an obsession with them

From a interview before we started targeting wingers and midfielders that dribble. Eze scores goals from outside the box , takes centre backs on. Causes them to break their shape exactly what Pep is describing

1723719341997.jpeg

Nothing can be done without dribblers. Attacking a team that is stuck in its own goal, without players who dribble, who do not get you superiority with moves into spaces, is impossible!”- Pep Guardiola

I disagree. Zubimendi yes, Eze, no not in my opinion.

I don't think there is much in the rumoured interest either. I think we were interested last year, but ended up signing Doku, and imo it ended there. I think people are still carrying that into this season and putting two and two together with Alvarez leaving. I'd rather see a basic striker than yet another hybrid winger midfielder, of which we have so many. All of which are better than Eze. Apart from arguably Grealish whonwould be most impacted by that signing.

Fair fucks mate, tidy pov.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.