It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

For a player that only has one position and will only play in that position when Haaland doesn’t. Would be a poor use of funds and is why I don’t think we’ll buy anyone unless we find someone that’s good enough and happy to be backup and is available for no more than about 30 or 40 million. I just don’t see it, other than buying from South America again like the last two times with Jesus and Alvarez.
saw a loan deal mentioned by a shite source if that'd be better.. most likely bollocks though, but was prior to Tolm saying Brighton are willing to talk.

FootballTransfers’ information is that Brighton want around £70 million for the player, but both Arsenal and City would prefer a loan deal at this juncture and then settle on a price next summer.

*He can play wide as well.

saw a loan deal mentioned by a shite source if that'd be better.. most likely bollocks though, but was prior to Tolm saying Brighton are willing to talk.

FootballTransfers’ information is that Brighton want around £70 million for the player, but both Arsenal and City would prefer a loan deal at this juncture and then settle on a price next summer.

*He can play wide as well.
Ferguson's been linked with a move to City for ages, but tbf so have most half decent players.

I think his skill-set, age & the fact he's an emerging talent who can rotate & learn from Haaland, would make him an enticing prospect.

But aren't Brighton talking £70m+ for a youngster who's not even their main striker & has had injury issues?

Neither makes sense to me. The profile we are supposedly looking for is a striker that is happy to be backup but isn’t so shit that it’s pointless.

Neither Toney nor Ferguson (you’d assume it’s those two) fit that profile. Both would surely want to be playing.

Plus, I feel the price of both players is more than what we’d be willing to pay for a backup. It’s not like other positions where players are competing. There is no competing with Haaland. You are backup and need to be happy with it.

Doesn’t add up imo.
Danny Fucking Welbeck

Would be shocked if we were interested in Toney.

Ferguson does make sense. He's down the pecking order at Brighton now and an asset they'd probably like to cash in on. Again, I can't see it getting done purely based on the fees they seem to recoup and the way we do business generally.

From his perspective he's joining a club where he can play in the top competitions and that will not keep him if he's unhappy. He'll get 20-30 minutes most weeks plus will start a fair few across all competitions so he's probably going to feature as much as he was at Brighton. His style of play is similar to Haaland so it's a natural replacement.

Brighton seem to play Pedro as the 10 behind Welbeck (Rutter likely to take over as the season progresses) and Ferguson is probably 3rd/4th choice for that spot now.

Agree on both. The price is indeed likely to be an issue. I know it isn't like us, but there might be a loan in there to suit everyone. His value will drop if he doesn't play regularly, and Brighton won't want that. They probably won't get what they are looking for now, but could maintain the price into next summer, and put him in the window in the meantime. Unlikely, but not illogical.

Ferguson's been linked with a move to City for ages, but tbf so have most half decent players.

I think his skill-set, age & the fact he's an emerging talent who can rotate & learn from Haaland, would make him an enticing prospect.

But aren't Brighton talking £70m+ for a youngster who's not even their main striker & has had injury issues?
yeah ,hopefully they drop that down and we can move it all to add ons. etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.