It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I guess some people were asleep between 20-22 when we won/scored a lot with the f9 system (i´m a fan). If some people can`t sleep with only one striker (on paper) in the squad perhaps they should start crowdfunding for a new one.

I guess some people were asleep between 20-22 when we won/scored a lot with the f9 system (i´m a fan). If some people can`t sleep with only one striker (on paper) in the squad perhaps they should start crowdfunding for a new one.

We don’t play the same way now as we did in 2020-22, for the last 2 seasons we’ve always played with a striker. We’re now playing with fairly aggressive wingers. Having a big centre forward gives us both a target and dummy runner. Take away the target man and we will have to completely change the way we play.

Which ever way it is dressed up, we are a striker light. It is ok saying Gundogan can do it etc. Just last Saturday if Haaland had got an early injury, when Foden had the eartha kitts. There wasn't an attacking threat on the bench. You move Gundogan, Foden (when fit) Bobb (when fit), De Bruyne to false 9 that weakens the team. Much like we suffered when Kompany left, Laporte got injured early season, so we played Fernandinho at centre back and weakened the whole unit.

We signed a striker today

It's looking that way.
I love the way we've looked tactics-wise since the first pre-season game with all the youngsters through last weekend's game with Ipswich. Watching us revert to a false 9 system when Haaland isn't playing is going to give me gonorrhea...
Crikey! What exactly will you be doing at the time?

We don’t play the same way now as we did in 2020-22, for the last 2 seasons we’ve always played with a striker. We’re now playing with fairly aggressive wingers. Having a big centre forward gives us both a target and dummy runner. Take away the target man and we will have to completely change the way we play.
Which we have the players ,and those with the intelligence and experience required to do just that.

We've won league's playing the false nine. We've won league's with just one striker. Pep knows how to shuffle the pack.

Surely you should know that by now?
Won with a false nine as we had no option. Won with a Striker and had a cover option.

Need to enter the season dictating how we will play vs having it dictated to us with.

Won with a false nine as we had no option. Won with a Striker and had a cover option.

Need to enter the season dictating how we will play vs having it dictated to us with.
Won treble with a deep squad and two strikers. I think we need cover for Erl.Rodri is unique I think he needs two players to cover him but we have options now with gundo back. A striker would be useful if not essential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.