It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Either that or else they really have no idea what they're watching. The best is when someone insists on slagging off a player who is universally rated with no points of substance other than "not for me" or "not good enough for us".

There's always the random troll to consider to....
Not a "dig", a pet peeve. I respect everyone's right to an opinion. Just back it up with a why, that's all I'm saying. Some people have a habit of shutting guys down simply because they say so. If one likes or doesn't like a player have at it, but at least explain why, a lack of pace, weak technically, a bad attitude, etc., etc.

Not a "dig", a pet peeve. I respect everyone's right to an opinion. Just back it up with a why, that's all I'm saying. Some people have a habit of shutting guys down simply because they say so. If one likes or doesn't like a player have at it, but at least explain why, a lack of pace, weak technically, a bad attitude, etc., etc.
Fair enough Zee. Mis read it. Calling people random trolls is too much.

I get people calling Romano a "tap-in merchant", but he has not reported a single thing about Haaland being nailed on to Madrid so if he's saying Bellingham is off to Madrid then that is it. The silence from our side might be to save face that we got rejected and to not inflate the midfield market. Even the most trusted German/ Dortmund journalist has confirmed Bellingham is going to Madrid. People can't seem to handle rejection here.
There are two separate parts to the deal. Bellingham has to agree to go to Madrid and whatever they offer him. Madrid seem to be suggesting he would be happy to go to them, which is not dissimilar to what has been said that he'd be happy to come to City. He hasn't signed anything with either of us yet, but I'd expect journalists looking to City to all put out stories that we were no longer pursuing him if he'd said he only wants Madrid, as that appears to be how we operate. It won't be a single foreign journalist either, it'll be several UK ones reporting the same thing at the same time.

The second bit is Dortmund. They definitely haven't reached agreement with anyone, as they have to announce it to the stock exchange as soon as they do, just like with Haaland. And it's unlikely we'll see that until after their season ends for obvious reasons. It may be that they want €150m, we'll pay it and Madrid will only pay €100m. In that case, they can agree a deal with us and then it's back to Bellingham. If he has really decided on only Madrid, either they cough up, Dortmund agree a lower price (which they generally don't do that same summer), or Bellingham waits another year until his price has reduced to what Madrid will pay.

My guess is he's agreed with both of us what he'd want to come in terms of salary etc and we're both now in the situation where we need to agree the deal with Dortmund. We're keeping quiet, as usual, whereas Madrid do their deals through the press, as usual.

In fairness to Madrid, they're probably the biggest name in world football and their relationship with the press means they have to give something to sell papers. Ultimately, no one will care if it's true - the fans want to know something and the press want their sales/clicks. The only certainty of a move is when there's a photo of them signing a contract, unless their name is Hamann.

Still Gundo, Bernie, Laporte, Cancelo, Breckin, Doyle.

Also think Palmer and Phillips might also be up for grabs.

Walker wants to stay, even if means running down final year.
Any idea on Harwood bellis?
For me I’d cut our losses on Phillips as it’s clear he isn’t rated
A loan move for palmer would be good to get him playing like mcatee, Doyle and Harwood bellis

Fair enough Zee. Mis read it. Calling people random trolls is too much.
Maybe I did a poor job with my verbiage? The random trolls comment stems from when there are rumblings about a fairly decent player being linked to us and someone comes out of nowhere to slam the guy as shit with no explanation, no rhyme or reason. "The guy sucks, I said so, so there, not for City, end of discussion." Somebody else can be OK with that type of post but I'm not, as is my wont. If it flies in the face of my own opinion I'm going to challenge the poster for a reason while expressing why I disagree. If the poster takes the obstinate approach rather than engaging in some healthy debate I can call him or her out as a lot of things, a troll not even being the worst of it, lol...

Maybe I did a poor job with my verbiage? The random trolls comment stems from when there are rumblings about a fairly decent player being linked to us and someone comes out of nowhere to slam the guy as shit with no explanation, no rhyme or reason. "The guy sucks, I said so, so there, not for City, end of discussion." Somebody else can be OK with that type of post but I'm not, as is my wont. If it flies in the face of my own opinion I'm going to challenge the poster for a reason while expressing why I disagree. If the poster takes the obstinate approach rather than engaging in some healthy debate I can call him or her out as a lot of things, a troll not even being the worst of it, lol...
It's all good just reading in-between the lines.

Back on topic McAtee is a decent shout as he had a good loan spell but game time at City is the issue. He has to hit the ground running if he is back in the squad and even that might not be enough to make it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.