It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Feel like we could see Phil start to play in the middle more in the upcoming seasons which could leave us with Grealish and an, albeit still top quality, ageing Mahrez.

Think we need a pacey winger to start planning ahead.
I can see Grealish migrating to central midfield eventually too. We need full backs & wingers who can get up & down the pitch to attack & defend.

As for the FB's, Pep's already said it's an area we're going to be looking at this summer. With Foden being used more centrally recently, a new raiding wide player makes perfect sense...

Rice would be a great signing but can’t help but feel we’re already behind in this race. Arsenal seem to be favourites and Bayern pushing - he probably won’t go to Bayern but appears Arsenal top the list.

I kinda agree RE a winger, but since the Newcastle game where Phil got injured, his return bar one start has all been from the middle. All his sub appearances are in the middle. McAtee also likely to come back. So that only leaves Grealish and Mahrez on the side if Palmer leaves on loan.

I know for a fact he 90% will not be coming here. He plans to stay in London one way or another. Rags want him, he doesn't want them. He spent 2 years having Chelsea put him on the long finger and his camp feel City's interest has been similar so they are wary of any advances from us in a market where we're in for Bellingham and Kovacic whilst trying to keep what we have. If we were serious about Rice we'd have done it by now.

He'll likely head to Arsenal now or sit at West Ham for one more year.

I know for a fact he 90% will not be coming here. He plans to stay in London one way or another. Rags want him, he doesn't want them. He spent 2 years having Chelsea put him on the long finger and his camp feel City's interest has been similar so they are wary of any advances from us in a market where we're in for Bellingham and Kovacic whilst trying to keep what we have. If we were serious about Rice we'd have done it by now.

He'll likely head to Arsenal now or sit at West Ham for one more year.
Still think he’ll end up at Chelsea once they unload Mount, Kovacic and Kante

Here a hypothetical question. Jude goes to Real, Bernie to PSG and Rice to Arsenal/Chelsea. Who do we then target?
Kovacic + Perrone will get chances, and maybe even McAtee, Phil in the middle more so, Julian on the right? I don't necessarily agree with Kovacic for Bernie, though, despite the fact I rate the player. I would only want him if Kalvin was to leave, and I think he might stay.

Kovacic, Szoboszlai & Wirtz please. Quite like Paqueta as well but can see WHU being up for being that decimated in CM
Kovacic + Perrone will get chances, and maybe even McAtee, Phil in the middle more so, Julian on the right? I don't necessarily agree with Kovacic for Bernie, though, despite the fact I rate the player. I would only want him if Kalvin was to leave, and I think he might stay.
I think Kovacic is being signed to play both the 6&8, help rodri but also able to play alongside him. I still think we sign him even if Phillips stays because we probably need extra legs in the middle.

Perrone is a good point, I wonder where he’s at. I was always expecting a loan maybe we will see more of him next two games. If not I’m saying definitely out on loan.

Wirtz/Szoboszlai are good shouts and would expect that level of player not a big name. Someone from Portugal probably, we had scouts at Porto a lot at the start of the season didn’t we?

I think Kovacic is being signed to play both the 6&8, help rodri but also able to play alongside him. I still think we sign him even if Phillips stays because we probably need extra legs in the middle.

Perrone is a good point, I wonder where he’s at. I was always expecting a loan maybe we will see more of him next two games. If not I’m saying definitely out on loan.

Wirtz/Szoboszlai are good shouts and would expect that level of player not a big name. Someone from Portugal probably, we had scouts at Porto a lot at the start of the season didn’t we?
Perrone is currently at the world cup with Argentina U20's. Scored and assisted in last nights game against Guatemala

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.