It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Still can't believe Gvardiol is 21 and is this good.
He wasn't much good against us.
Why would City go for Declan Rice? Rodri's twice the player he is, and he's going to cost £100m+.
Phillips will do as an understudy, and will hopefully improve next season.
I'll take Bellingham and maybe one other if Gundo Mahrez or Bernardo leave - we need another top midfielder anyway, imho. I hope those 3 stay.
Carlos Borges might force his way in during the close season USA tour, if he goes - as Foden did 5 years ago.
If Laporte goes, sign 1 defender, unless we're bringing Harwood-Bellis back - who had a great season at Burnley - as have McAttee and Doyle at Sheffield United.
So many options we can turn to - and Pep will make any of them work.

Julian will make 50 apps for us this season without a proper off-season for almost 2 years, and it's his first season with us adapting to a new country/continent. That's without his 7 apps at the World Cup and the break he had after. He can play on the right in the Mahrez position and KDB position behind the striker. Erling and Julian can both play 90% of the time. He will play 60+ matches next season and significantly more minutes. We don't need a new winger.

Chelsea want 80 million for Mason Mount wow. In a market where Mount is worth 80 mil and rice is worth 80 to 100 mil, Kovacic for 30 to 40 mil is a massive bargain.

Chelsea really arent in a position to demand ridiculous fees are they? Desperate to shift players for FFP and cash flow and doesnt Mount only have 1 year left on his contract?

I think we've gone away from a pacy winger in the system. It's more about control which Grealish, Mahrez and Bernardo are perfect for.

If one was to leave the replacement would have to be someone with the same skill set and ability. So if Bernardo Silva was to leave he's being used as a winger in our system so the replacement would be a winger or attacking midfielder with the same skill set as bernardo.

That's why I think if Bernardo leaves its a winger that replaces him or an attacking midfielder that can play on the wing and in midfield.

Someone like a Gabri Veiga. From clips and reports he can play attacking midfield, RW and LW. He pops up in those positions alot of the time for Celta
18 months ago we had the same posts about how we weren't going to buy Haaland because Pep had moved away from a traditional number 9.

If the squad is lacking something, it usually means Pep's going to fill the hole, not ignore it completely.

Last edited:
18 months ago we had the same posts about how we weren't going to buy Haaland because Pep had moved away from a traditional number 9.

If the squad is lacking something, it usually means Pep's going to fill the hole, not ignore it completely.
Yes but we were heavilly linked to Haaland, doesn't seem to be any links or interest in any wingers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.