It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

After the events of the last couple of weeks, i really think we need to look at the bigger picture and where we can still grow as a club.

We are getting hate primarily from clubs that have U.S. owners, so to me if we signed Antonee Robinson, the current U.S. left back, we put ourselves in a great publicity and marketing position in their own back yard.

We desperately need a left back and Robinson is a decent player who knows the league. His game still needs improving but he likes to get forward and he could be great in next season's team where overlapping fullbacks will be key imo.

I know people are going to throw all sorts of stats about he doesn't do this and he doesn't do that etc, but every fullback i've seen mentioned on here has some deficiency, whether it's age, injury record, production etc but i reckon Pep would do wonders with this lad, so why not give him a chance?

As an Englishman who has lived in the U.S. on and off for the last 30 years, i've seen how football has taken off at grassroots level and how it has gained a foothold with the public. The TV rights for the PL have exploded over the last 10 years and the popularity for the game is increasing yearly.

The country is screaming out for one their players to be really successful. Pulisic is still hailed as a hero and was plastered all over their World Cup advertising and Leeds (even though they're shite) were/are routinely shown as the main game when they had Marsch as manager & because they have a couple of internationals.

So to me if we signed Robinson and he went on to win the league, CL, cups with us, he and we would have so much publicity it would make him a star, attract investment for us and we would become a name everyone, not just "soccer" fans, would know.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but i see a great opportunity for us to grow even more in the U.S. and give the red teams the big middle finger while we're doing it.

After the events of the last couple of weeks, i really think we need to look at the bigger picture and where we can still grow as a club.

We are getting hate primarily from clubs that have U.S. owners, so to me if we signed Antonee Robinson, the current U.S. left back, we put ourselves in a great publicity and marketing position in their own back yard.

We desperately need a left back and Robinson is a decent player who knows the league. His game still needs improving but he likes to get forward and he could be great in next season's team where overlapping fullbacks will be key imo.

I know people are going to throw all sorts of stats about he doesn't do this and he doesn't do that etc, but every fullback i've seen mentioned on here has some deficiency, whether it's age, injury record, production etc but i reckon Pep would do wonders with this lad, so why not give him a chance?

As an Englishman who has lived in the U.S. on and off for the last 30 years, i've seen how football has taken off at grassroots level and how it has gained a foothold with the public. The TV rights for the PL have exploded over the last 10 years and the popularity for the game is increasing yearly.

The country is screaming out for one their players to be really successful. Pulisic is still hailed as a hero and was plastered all over their World Cup advertising and Leeds (even though they're shite) were/are routinely shown as the main game when they had Marsch as manager & because they have a couple of internationals.

So to me if we signed Robinson and he went on to win the league, CL, cups with us, he and we would have so much publicity it would make him a star, attract investment for us and we would become a name everyone, not just "soccer" fans, would know.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but i see a great opportunity for us to grow even more in the U.S. and give the red teams the big middle finger while we're doing it.
Robinson's no better than Gomez though so ain't happening.

Do you watch him regularly? At least he is a LB, Gomez is a winger/midfielder that just so happens to be left footed
I haven't seen much of him but surely the question is can he play leftback in Peps team ??

Delph Zinc Cancelo & now Bernardo have all played there because of their ability on the ball

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.