It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

@tolmie's hairdoo

Guerreiro and Kovacic are both 29 aren’t they?

I‘m not doubting their ability but aren’t they a bit old given that 23-26 is our normal signing range and we are already not willing to give more than a year to Gundog?

Gundog is three years older, though?

They will be factoring in a lot, including players who don't expect to be starters every week.

The only problem is your last sentence. I’d love it too but the trick we’d have to pull off is stopping the downturn after. Lot’s of examples of clubs struggling for years after a long term manager. Only have to look at Saturday’s opponents, Arsenal after Wenger etc. In some regards a manager can stay too long and the club forgets how to function without them.

The point you're ignoring is the rags appointed someone without any winning history what so ever..

And in your eagerness to replace Pep with more winning.. you forgot.. No one will be the same as Pep.. no one.

He's the only one in the whole world who can fix the plane while flying the plane. And come up with a completely different system after the opposition adjusts.

Look at Klopp.. its the same system from 2014.. worked good some seasons.. doesn't now.

Look at Arteta.. it's the same system from Pep's 2018-19.

You need an innovator..

He's the type of player you didn't even realise was playing until you see him being subbed.

Another hide and seek champion.
Have to agree with this.

I've never once looked at Mount and thought, 'he's great, wish he played for us'.

No thanks. Let the rags have yet another overpaid underperformer, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

@tolmie's hairdoo

Guerreiro and Kovacic are both 29 aren’t they?

I‘m not doubting their ability but aren’t they a bit old given that 23-26 is our normal signing range and we are already not willing to give more than a year to Gundog?

They're good depth signings. They're good enough to play for an extended run if we have injuries and they're old enough/at the point in their careers where they can also accept sitting behind someone for a few months.

If we win the CL final we're in 7 competitions next season. There's likely to be a an aftershock from the world cup when it comes to players' fitness over the next season too.

Stop panicing.

Pep has to know he will NEVER EVER get a job as good as City..

- No Barca Politics
- No Bayern kissing up to historical figures
- A clean slate to do what he likes, even bench the best players like Aguero if he feels they're not doing enough.

Where the hell is he going to go to manage next?

The Saudi or Qatar league for more money like Lillo? We can easily match those sums.

Just cross your fingers he doesn't think about retirement for another 10 years as he now has Erling to mold into a football player.

Would love him to stay another 20 years.

I am far less concerned that he'd leave us for another project than I am he may leave us for a year long mental health rest and family time.

The only problem is your last sentence. I’d love it too but the trick we’d have to pull off is stopping the downturn after. Lot’s of examples of clubs struggling for years after a long term manager. Only have to look at Saturday’s opponents, Arsenal after Wenger etc. In some regards a manager can stay too long and the club forgets how to function without them.
Which is why you keep a close eye on potential replacements, even grooming them for the day they step in as The Dippers used to do.

We've groomed Vinny, Vieira & Arteta, & all have moved into management with varying degrees of success. There's only one Pep Guardiola, but there again there's only one David Silva.

Pep's eventual replacement won't be Pep. I'm sure he'll be good, but just a bit different... Gundog anyone? \0/

Last edited:
most attacking fullbacks cant defend properly. Cancelo gets roasted once in a while by world class players like salah but his defending is not totally shit, his interception game is actually quite good and in attack he is the best bar none. Guerreiro is not a great defender either from what I have seen.

I am not arguing for a Cancelo return btw but denying that his performances for us has been anything short of world class is an injustice. He was worlds best fullback at City.
Opinions I guess. I thought his defending was shocking. Constantly out of position and weak as piss. He looked good when he moved into midfield, probably because he made the extra man and was not picked up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.