It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

@tolmie's hairdoo you mentioned last week our old friend Jorge had made his yearly approach to City about Messi - assuming we've given a straight "no thanks" and there's nothing to see there?

Paddy Power have us at 14/1 - let me know before I stick a ten spot on ;)

@tolmie's hairdoo you mentioned last week our old friend Jorge had made his yearly approach to City about Messi - assuming we've given a straight "no thanks" and there's nothing to see there?

Paddy Power have us at 14/1 - let me know before I stick a ten spot on ;)
surprised he hasnt tried felix again yet.

Guerreiro and Kovacic is us making a real push to take full advantage of having Pep? Really? Guerreiro and Kovacic? If they are rotation options, they’re great. If they are to be integral then we’re weaker. I can’t see it any other way than that.
Of course they are rotation pieces. How fortunate have we been this season not to incur any major, longer term injuries to KDB, Gundo, Rodri, and Bernardo? Especially considering that KDB and Gundo are past 30 and Rodri plays over 90% of the minutes. Even Bernardo's version of a "break" from midfield is playing wide up top or now even in the back. Is anyone going to argue that having a Kovacic in the squad would have made us weaker? Same for Guerreiro to some extent. Who knew Cancelo would implode to the extent Pep had to banish him. And Gomez, while young and a bit talented, can't come anywhere near Guerreiro's level of experience at both club and country including in the UCL. These 2 guys are full internationals on top national sides. Neither are stars but both are more than useful on a squad like City. You can't have stars in their absolute primes acting as squad players. It's not sustainable. What is sustainable is having guys like Kovacic and Guerreiro on 2 or 3 year deals and rotating those roles to new incoming similar players as you go supporting the squad and providing extremely valuable depth. Sorry but if the need arose in a big game to replace Gundo or KDB I'm 1000% more at ease looking to the bench and seeing Kovacic rather than Cole Palmer.

We were prepared to spend 100m plus on kane alone...and then spent 55m on haaland...do I agree we have the spare cash even from that
Our finances are in rude health. We have spent a fair amount in recent years but our income is going up and up at a much faster rate.

But the reason our finances are so strong is we have great discipline in the transfer market. We won't be spending big money this summer. We don't need to.

Kovacic has been part of the plan since the turn of the year, as has been Gvardiol.

Sadly, I've always felt he was being lined up for Gundo's role, however.
If that's the case, which we do not know yet, then it's a terrible transfer imo. The midfield clearly needs depth. Im still hopeful that City offers that 2+ year deal and Gundo stays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.