It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think refreshing the squad is essential given the standards Pep sets…. Sterling looked washed up here and he hasn’t found any form at Chelsea, Cancelo was clearly a negative influence around the squad who needed to be removed… Zinchenko was an average full back who was a decent squad player who needed game time elsewhere and Gabby has a lot of qualities but he was never going to get much game time with Haaland and Alvarez in our squad.

Hopefully we only lose one of Gundo, and Bernie but the others linked with exits are probably opportunities for all parties - Laporte is excellent but he’s too good to sit on the bench, Mahrez dropped off this year and is replaceable.
I’m certain come August our squad will be in good shape and we will be the team to beat and I love McAtee to get some game time.
Great points, I love Bernardo but maybe it's a good time to say goodbye, he has had a hell of a lot of football in those little legs of his and looks absolutely shot after games these days.

And if the Saudis' are offering money for Mahrez at the age of 33 and on good money, a deal had to be done.

I think refreshing the squad is essential given the standards Pep sets…. Sterling looked washed up here and he hasn’t found any form at Chelsea, Cancelo was clearly a negative influence around the squad who needed to be removed… Zinchenko was an average full back who was a decent squad player who needed game time elsewhere and Gabby has a lot of qualities but he was never going to get much game time with Haaland and Alvarez in our squad.

Hopefully we only lose one of Gundo, and Bernie but the others linked with exits are probably opportunities for all parties - Laporte is excellent but he’s too good to sit on the bench, Mahrez dropped off this year and is replaceable.
I’m certain come August our squad will be in good shape and we will be the team to beat and I love McAtee to get some game time.
Mcatee would be a great option from the bench

Does seem that there is likely gonna be a mini-rebuild this summer, I think Gundogan is gone, think Bernardo will also go, Laporte surely goes as he's fully out the first XI and then potentially Mahrez to Saudi although this is less likely

Playing devil's advocate we sell the above 4 (and Cancelo who surely will never play for us again) we are left with the below

- - - - - - - - - Ederson - - - - - - - - -
- - Walker - - - Dias - - - Ake - -
- - - - - - Stones - - - Rodri - - -
- Foden - KDB- - Alvarez - Grealish
- - - - - - - - - Haaland - - - - - - - - -

Bench:
Ortega
Akanji
Lewis
Gomez
Phillips
Perrone
Palmer

Still and incredibly strong XI, one that is still argubaly the best in Europe, but the bench only really has Ortega & Akanji who could realistically challenge the first XI (big fan of Lewis but in this formation he is no Stones or Rodri who are among the best in the world) and that's how we win things. Think Palmer, Perrone and Gomez future is uncertain as they could probably do with a loan move

Think that would constitute a "mini-rebuild"

If Mahrez and Bernado go and we truly want Foden to play central that would just leave Palmer and Alvarez who isn’t really a wide player but can see us wanting to give him minutes. Palmer probably needs a loan so that’s certainly 1 if not 2 players we’d need to play right/in the front 3
I don't get this loaning out of Palmer if we lose Bernie & Riyad both. Surely he's better off staying here with a lot more minutes available for him? We'll still have Foden who can play anywhere.

Don't see the point of letting Palmer go out. Our squad would then only be 22 players plus Lewis (and including Carson) due to the club trained quota. Only Foden and Palmer are classed as club trained at the moment so give him some more outings and see how he goes.

He will start the charity shield like quite a few of our younger players will

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.