It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I can Mahrez leaving this summer especially if the Saudi interest is legit.

Seems like the Sterling situation as in regards to his time coming to an end at the club. He's been a bit player player especially the mast few months of the season. Can he improve at City? Answer has to be no, I think he's come as far as he can as a player with us.

I really like Mahrez on his day he's incredible. But at 32 years of age if the right offer comes in I think the club would be willing to accept it and move him on.

I can Mahrez leaving this summer especially if the Saudi interest is legit.

Seems like the Sterling situation as in regards to his time coming to an end at the club. He's been a bit player player especially the mast few months of the season. Can he improve at City? Answer has to be no, I think he's come as far as he can as a player with us.

I really like Mahrez on his day he's incredible. But at 32 years of age if the right offer comes in I think the club would be willing to accept it and move him on.

Agreed mate. £30-40m fee and i think the club will accept and Mahrez can go and earn some obscene money having won everything now

I know we have always developed our game, but those calling for a different style of player to those we have need to appreciate the fact that these players, and this style of play, has taken us beyond our dreams.

If I was to wish for something to change now, it would be the introduction of more time for academy players. I would move Phil inside to cover for Bernardo. I would have Palmer/McAtee replacing Mahrez, and I would like Bobb and Perone to become the replacements for Gundo. I am not suggesting that this would be instant, but I am talking about one or two of those players being given extended play time in games, especially cup games. When we add more time for Alvarez into the mix, we don't need too much more.
I agree with you in principle about the blooding of more youth and earlier, but the harsh reality is that the drop off from the first 16 to anything else is precipitous. I'm still unsure how many unproven players can be accommodated in the starting eleven before we are weakened: 1 maybe 2. By weakened here, I mean that other players stop doing their job effectively because they are also minding others through the game. Might be wrong, but the only meaningful game where we attempted to blood three unproven players (Gomez/Phillips/Palmer) was Southampton in the League Cup, though we admittedly played them in an irregular combination of other players to boot. As we all know, it did not end well.

I guess much will depend on who leaves and who comes in, but if young players really want to break through next year, then the early part of the season will be their best opportunity to stake a claim.

Agreed mate. £30-40m fee and i think the club will accept and Mahrez can go and earn some obscene money having won everything now
£30m-£40m would be incredible business too. We signed him in 2018 for £60m, We've won numerous Premier League titles, League Cups, FA Cups and a European Cup with Mahrez...Yet we would still get great money for him.

At the end of the day it's very important to move players on and bring in hungry players that want a piece of this cake at City. Freshen the squad up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.