It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

There’s not a chance we will bring in 8 players.. we aren’t Chelsea and aren’t known for that.

I don’t think it’s bonkers at all. Our squad is more than good enough. Walkers replacement is Lewis and there’s zero chance of Kevin being replaced

8 players I think would damage squad harmony and mean a season of bedding them into the side. I think 4 signings is more than enough for a side who could win 3 trophies
I think with this PL charge hanging over us the club will go big in the summer to ensure we are set just in case transfer ban comes. How that affects numbers will obviously be dictated on who looking to leave and who club wish to move on

I think alvarez is a proper 9 imo he won't create much but will score plenty. I think Felix would create loads but not score as many.
Alvarez creates plenty of chances and creates space for others as well. He never really played as an out and out 9 for River but as a 10 or wide forward.

I think we actually need 6-8 players.

Cancelo (definitely off)
Gundo (maybe off)
Gomez (maybe off)
Bernardo (maybe off)
Laporte (maybe off)
Philips (maybe off)
Palmer (maybe off)
Sterling (not replaced last year)

KDB And Walker (age & injury decline)

All need replacing in some form or another soon, if not this window then the next.

Don't for one second think that papering over the cracks with 2 players will just fix the issue completely.

Sure we can replace some from within but it's absolutely bonkers to think we only need 2 players with already the smallest squad in the PL.

Edit: I somehow forgot to mention Cole Palmer - just added him to the maybe list!
Why are those players mentio maybe off

We don’t know anything for certain but the noises suggesting that Bernardo, Laporte and Gundogan are likely to go in the summer certainly suggests a big summer.

If we lose two midfielders I’d be surprised if we don’t replace both either like for like or definitely say Foden is now an 8, though I don’t think he’s quite ready to play there yet. I would really like us to start considering what happens after KDB. Neither himself nor Bernardo played at the weekend but because of how well Gundogan did neither were missed. We won’t have that option next year.

Other than that Philips and Gomez would seem to have a short window to show they have futures with us. Personally if Philips goes I would like to see us move for Lavia, he’s looked very capable in a poor Southampton side. He would qualify as club trained with one more season with us which would give us some flexibility with numbers.

Is that it? Shouldn't be getting anyone because of a good World Cup.

Just looks very ordinary for Brighton.

Disagree. I would have wanted him before the World Cup, he's a quality footballer. Problem is he might have been £50m then, but Brighton would probably want £100m now, which would be ridiculous.

We've Foden, Palmer, Alvarez and possibly Bernardo all for the right wing as well.
If Pep sticks with his 3 - 2 hybrid defence & depending on Bernardo staying it probably leaves us Foden & Mahrez as right wing options. I would love Cole to break through at City but feel his chances are limited & probably a loan would suit his development better. Phil can also compete with Jack on the left or even move into left centre. Alvarez is similar to Tevez & as we saw on Saturday can give Kev a rest in the lesser games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.