It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Next year will be a tough season.

To go for it again takes a special breed of mentality. The physical and mental exhaustion of last season will cement the wish to move on for several players, who will understandably feel that they will never feel again what they have felt in 2022/23.

We know that some key players will leave, and we also know that some are coming to the end of their time as the best. We also know that teams are more tactically astute than they were and it requires consistent tactical innovation to stay one step ahead.

What we also know is that there will be a spine of players whose mentality is absolutely imperious - Gundogan, DeBruyne, Rodri, Dias, Nathan.

We know that Pep improves players - some of our younger and newer players will probably be better again than they were - Akanji, Grealish, Alvarez, Erling, Kalvin and Rico.

Some may have newer roles that have exciting opportunities - Phil, Stones.

We know that we have younger players returning that could be an unexpected bonus - Tommy Doyle, James McAtee.

We have some superb talents from the academy who may be phased into the squad - Oscar Bobb, Mebude, Borges. I think that Bobb, Ndala and Dada-Mascoll are the best we have, but the latter are only 16-17.

We expect to buy - Kovacic and Gvardiol seem to be on the cards, and would be strong additions (IMO).

I have mentioned 20 players (excl. Dada-Mascoll and Ndala), including 6 who are very young. Those I haven't mentioned are either strongly rumoured to be leaving, or expected to be loaned.

This is a big season, and I am thankful that it will be Pep in charge because it's going to be a tough one, IMO.
Who have I missed? Opportunities are clearly there in central midfield and in the wing positions.

The season after the domestic quadruple was really tough. Hope we have learnt from it and will freshen things up.

Next year will be a tough season.

To go for it again takes a special breed of mentality. The physical and mental exhaustion of last season will cement the wish to move on for several players, who will understandably feel that they will never feel again what they have felt in 2022/23.

We know that some key players will leave, and we also know that some are coming to the end of their time as the best. We also know that teams are more tactically astute than they were and it requires consistent tactical innovation to stay one step ahead.

What we also know is that there will be a spine of players whose mentality is absolutely imperious - Gundogan, DeBruyne, Rodri, Dias, Nathan.

We know that Pep improves players - some of our younger and newer players will probably be better again than they were - Akanji, Grealish, Alvarez, Erling, Kalvin and Rico.

Some may have newer roles that have exciting opportunities - Phil, Stones.

We know that we have younger players returning that could be an unexpected bonus - Tommy Doyle, James McAtee.

We have some superb talents from the academy who may be phased into the squad - Oscar Bobb, Mebude, Borges. I think that Bobb, Ndala and Dada-Mascoll are the best we have, but the latter are only 16-17.

We expect to buy - Kovacic and Gvardiol seem to be on the cards, and would be strong additions (IMO).

I have mentioned 20 players (excl. Dada-Mascoll and Ndala), including 6 who are very young. Those I haven't mentioned are either strongly rumoured to be leaving, or expected to be loaned.

This is a big season, and I am thankful that it will be Pep in charge because it's going to be a tough one, IMO.
Who have I missed? Opportunities are clearly there in central midfield and in the wing positions.
Cracking post mate.

Agree, it may well be a season or two of real transition.

No doubt Pep will relish such a challenge and the new guys who come in / youth who get promoted will be hungry as fuck.

Big assignment for the club.

Cracking post mate.

No doubt Pep will relish such a challenge and the new guys who come in / youth who get promoted will be hungry as fuck.

Trouble is Pep only has two seasons left, what will we transition into unless he’s staying (I bloody hope so), he’s going have his work cut out to get all these players upto full speed, I’m expecting quite a drop off with all these comings and goings. If we can get to the end of those March fixtures in the top 2 I think we could do it, going to be a big ask but hopefully the newcomers will be hungry for that title and number 4 has never been done, another record for us to break.

Cracking post mate.

Thank you. If we just think of ourselves, it's easier to understand. Imagine working for something, for years, and then accomplishing it after throwing all your time and energy into it. I absolutely know that, for me, it would be very hard to get back off the sofa. Of course, it's why I am not an elite sportsperson, but it applies to any big ambition that has taken years to deliver.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.