It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Trouble is Pep only has two seasons left, what will we transition into unless he’s staying (I bloody hope so), he’s going have his work cut out to get all these players upto full speed, I’m expecting quite a drop off with all these comings and goings. If we can get to the end of those March fixtures in the top 2 I think we could do it, going to be a big ask but hopefully the newcomers will be hungry for that title and number 4 has never been done, another record for us to break.
He should stay and smash all of bacon faces records :)

The market doesn’t match FFP restrictions this summer it feels like. Something is going to have to break here
It could be that the market is getting back to "normal" post Covid, and PL clubs can now start spending the TV cash with less worries about debts.

The TV money in the Premier League has gone through the roof in recent years (the deal at the time of our takeover was £2.5b in England, but is now over £10b). You've got a whole division full of clubs who can spend big sums, or pay their players big wages, and the top clubs who can spend absolutely huge sums without breaking sweat.

Without Covid we'd probably have seen a more obvious progression in transfer fees, rather than what seems more like a big bang.

It’s what separates teams like ours, constantly evolving and sweeping up awards, and united, who are a joke because they cannot let go.

This is the fundamental problem united have. Their whole business model is based on their "famous history". But the world moves on very quickly and, with social media, attention spans are getting shorter. It's why Sky's business model is fucked too.

I remember Khaldoon saying they want to win the league with 5 or 6 academy players in the starting line up within 10 years. Or something. Or did I dream that?

Assuming I didn't dream it, they don't throw these things out for fun, but because they are real objectives.

This would be interesting and a great challenge.

Who makes the grade though?

Currently in the squad are

Rico Lewis
Foden
Palmer - I really thought Cole would kick on this season but he's not really contributed that much. Still great potential.

With the greatest respect to all of them ..

I've heard great things about McAtee and he's clearly a talented footballer, but never thought, yet, that he's shown enough to be City first team squad.

I think T Doyle would be in the first team squad by now if he was going to make it at that absolutely elite level. Again though, clearly really talented and I could be wrong.

Harwood-Bellis seems unlikely as we are in for Gvardiol.

Wilson Esbrand also has been out on loan.

To be fair to the above 4, we signed Ake from a relegated Bournemouth side, and that worked out well. They were all playing in teams just promoted from the Championship so maybe they'll be involved.

Mbete seems unlikely as he was playing in League One last season, that's a big jump.

Delap seems unlikely because we have Haaland and Alvarez and play with 1 striker.

So the state of play as we all think at present is

Pretty certain that we are in for and talking to:
Kovacic
Gvardiol

Possibility:
Rice

For me we need something more creative if we areto loseeither or both of Bernardo and Gundo (plus the Mahrez story as well)

Of course we could get a surprise break out season with someone like McAtee (who Ive always really liked the look of) but that wont cover it....and there seems to be very few links at all to attacking options - loosing Bernardo and Gundo and Mahrez would mean we would need it even if we got all 3 mentioned above as none are creative or goal scoring players

We also have the very real issue of KDB ...he was immense for parts of the season and especially in the run in BUT there were also times where he was clearly struggling and we were carrying him....even without this current injury he would need protecting and now it seems it could be even more of a necessity to phase him out .......

I remember Khaldoon saying they want to win the league with 5 or 6 academy players in the starting line up within 10 years. Or something. Or did I dream that?

Assuming I didn't dream it, they don't throw these things out for fun, but because they are real objectives.
We have just done it with Foden, Rico and Palmer in the squad so there is 3 and the first two played bug parts in our season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.