It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The market is outrageous.

Hojland is now worth 100 mil a striker with 9 goals is worth 100 million euros.

I seen a post saying Villa would want 80 million for Ollie Watkins

Rice valued at 120 million.

Hopefully the additional catalyst required to see the promotion of more talented youth to the first team..

Next year will be a tough season.

To go for it again takes a special breed of mentality. The physical and mental exhaustion of last season will cement the wish to move on for several players, who will understandably feel that they will never feel again what they have felt in 2022/23.

We know that some key players will leave, and we also know that some are coming to the end of their time as the best. We also know that teams are more tactically astute than they were and it requires consistent tactical innovation to stay one step ahead.

What we also know is that there will be a spine of players whose mentality is absolutely imperious - Gundogan, DeBruyne, Rodri, Dias, Nathan.

We know that Pep improves players - some of our younger and newer players will probably be better again than they were - Akanji, Grealish, Alvarez, Erling, Kalvin and Rico.

Some may have newer roles that have exciting opportunities - Phil, Stones.

We know that we have younger players returning that could be an unexpected bonus - Tommy Doyle, James McAtee.

We have some superb talents from the academy who may be phased into the squad - Oscar Bobb, Mebude, Borges. I think that Bobb, Ndala and Dada-Mascoll are the best we have, but the latter are only 16-17.

We expect to buy - Kovacic and Gvardiol seem to be on the cards, and would be strong additions (IMO).

I have mentioned 20 players (excl. Dada-Mascoll and Ndala), including 6 who are very young. Those I haven't mentioned are either strongly rumoured to be leaving, or expected to be loaned.

This is a big season, and I am thankful that it will be Pep in charge because it's going to be a tough one, IMO.
Who have I missed? Opportunities are clearly there in central midfield and in the wing positions.
Good post, though you have overlooked the goalkeepers. ;-)

Agree with much of what you say and would also add that much of the ‘flux’ will be in midfield and attack (most of the players mentioned are in those positions), which is why it is important that the defence is both strong and dependable. New players and young players inevitably make mistakes, but having a strong defence behind them means they have a platform to be creative. I think we’re on the brink of seeing another exciting ‘new’ side.

A mate of mine, a Chelsea fan, has just sent me this:

I may be biased, but if you get Kovacic (which seems to be the general concensus of opinion in the media) you are buying a superb player that will fit like a glove into City's style of play.
I rate him so highly that he would have been right at the top of my list of players that Chelsea do not want to be losing this summer.

JWP worth 65 million
Those players are worth that much to the club they are leaving. That's all it is.

Good post, though you have overlooked the goalkeepers. ;-)

I knew I'd missed something! No changes there, I hope.

JWP worth 65 million
I think it’s more those clubs not wanting to sell.

With the exception of maybe Southampton

I don't think we sign many players who we don't think can be first team.
Ake and Akanji both looked like they could be squad, now look at them.
I don't think any outfield player signs to be a squad player. Everybody is there to fight for a first team place. Some just start from further back than others.

That inter rb who shit his pants every time he crossed the half way line, he looked completely brain dead with the ball at his feet
The games i have seen in him he's played a lot better to be honest .
Your going off 1 game playing against the best team in the land ?
Walker would of looked the same playing against us in inters team .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.