It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

This would be interesting and a great challenge.

Who makes the grade though?

Currently in the squad are

Rico Lewis
Foden
Palmer - I really thought Cole would kick on this season but he's not really contributed that much. Still great potential.

With the greatest respect to all of them ..

I've heard great things about McAtee and he's clearly a talented footballer, but never thought, yet, that he's shown enough to be City first team squad.

I think T Doyle would be in the first team squad by now if he was going to make it at that absolutely elite level. Again though, clearly really talented and I could be wrong.

Harwood-Bellis seems unlikely as we are in for Gvardiol.

Wilson Esbrand also has been out on loan.

To be fair to the above 4, we signed Ake from a relegated Bournemouth side, and that worked out well. They were all playing in teams just promoted from the Championship so maybe they'll be involved.

Mbete seems unlikely as he was playing in League One last season, that's a big jump.

Delap seems unlikely because we have Haaland and Alvarez and play with 1 striker.
Think McAtee is the one

Sheff Utd fans forum saying they don't expect him to come back to them but hope they can get Doyle so maybe he's the one, yeah.
what a I meant was that I think he is the one player at present out of the Academy that will make the step up to the vey top...Doyle from what people say who seem to watch him play might not make it at the level we are at (not my view as Ive not really seen him in action)

Pressure on Txiki on the team now if we are wanting our new signings in before pre season? Strangely enough for me quite calm but excited about the potential changes as there is no way after last season and seeing Pep with Sheikh Mansour and the crew in Abu Dhabi that they wont back him to the max and bring in the best new players we can? Hopefully not all project players though, we need genuine starting quality to replace the likes of Mahrez, Laporte, Walker etc.

Pressure on Txiki on the team now if we are wanting our new signings in before pre season? Strangely enough for me quite calm but excited about the potential changes as there is no way after last season and seeing Pep with Sheikh Mansour and the crew in Abu Dhabi that they wont back him to the max and bring in the best new players we can? Hopefully not all project players though, we need genuine starting quality to replace the likes of Mahrez, Laporte, Walker etc.
Agreed but Pep always has some curve ball up his sleeve....

Media were sayign why would Alvarez come to us with Haaland here....but Alvarez was pivotal to us and played plenty of minutes and was an important player and Pep seemed to be reinventing him into a bit of a hybrid of KDB and Gabby Jesus (with better finishing!!!!)

Agreed but Pep always has some curve ball up his sleeve....

Media were sayign why would Alvarez come to us with Haaland here....but Alvarez was pivotal to us and played plenty of minutes and was an important player and Pep seemed to be reinventing him into a bit of a hybrid of KDB and Gabby Jesus (with better finishing!!!!)

There will defo be a plan in place mate, no way Khaldoon throws Pep under the bus and maybe its actually Pep who wants these guys gone with a new plan in place with new signings he feels can push the club on even further?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.