It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Looks like Pep is ditching the traditional fullback, in which case not sure we need to replace him. Lewis, Stones and Akanji can play that role.
Agree, and if he is replaced imo it won’t be with a ‘natural’ FB.

I know thats our policy, 'if X player wants to go, then bye' but Bayern are a direct competitor, we dont have to sell.
We never really get ourselves in a position where we "have" to sell anyone, but I suppose Walker's time is almost up at his age. Most believed that we may regret letting Cancelo go half way through the season, but he wasn't missed at all.

The way pep manages to refresh the squad, then set systems to work around the personnel that way have, makes me think that no one is really missed after they have left.

Rice has asked City lads with England how serious the interest is?

He wants to know quickly.

Doesn't sound like we have made an official move of any real sorts yet.

Cheers Tolm. I don’t doubt the info mate but surely he just asks his agent and not the City lads. In the nicest possible way how would they know and also why would they care?

He wants to stay, simple as that.

He took a chance on us and now we must take a chance on him.

The staff are impressed with his attitude. Like anyone, won't stand in the way of any player who actually asks to leave.
Phillips is being blinded by the previous examples of City players that had slow first seasons to then become integral. It’s like he just assumes he’s going to suddenly play more, when he hasn’t even been trusted to play at all in contrast to all the others, who were. But ultimately it’s our own fault. He has a contract with us, so if he doesn’t want to go, we can’t make him. Handicaps us though to have a player we don’t have any intention of playing.

Phillips is being blinded by the previous examples of City players that had slow first seasons to then become integral. It’s like he just assumes he’s going to suddenly play more, when he hasn’t even been trusted to play at all in contrast to all the others, who were. But ultimately it’s our own fault. He has a contract with us, so if he doesn’t want to go, we can’t make him. Handicaps us though to have a player we don’t have any intention of playing.

But can he play Right Back like Kyle Walker?

It's obvious after 7 years that players who have multi position skill sets are happier under Pep than single position skill set players!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.