It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Shiny new toy syndrome. Fans fear we will have missed out on Rice. We can’t buy everyone, no matter how good that player is.

If you look at it with cold hard facts. Phillips is trying to get game time against a world class player in Rodri. Stones has also made the dm/cb role his own. Injuries has also played a part. City bought him for a reason and although most might not think he is good enough, if he wants to fight for a place then so be it. If he can stay fit and start to deliver he may still come good. Lot of players have been written off but turned it around.
Not me....
Id rather not have Phillips and buy someone else other than Rice....both overrated.

The fact that Stones is preferred to Rice says a lot where Pep is at his stage of thinking about Rice at present.

Like you say he of course could turn it around but I see no point in having both Rice and Phillips.....one or the other but not both....neither would be my preference but that is highly unlikely.

Sane is an interesting one:

On the positive he is a very good player, knows the club and is a better attacking option than Grealish in terms of goal threat and creating chances.

However its very easy to forget that when here he was openly bollocked by Pep from the sidelines numerous time for failing to be int he right positions when we dont have the ball, or not retaining possession when we do have it....in short he couldnt/wouldnt do what Pep wanted and we know (from the likes of Thierry Henry for instance) that with and without the ball your position on the pitch is absolutely vital and analysed by Pep all the time in fine detail. His work rate wasnt good enough and Grealish has certainly upped his ...can/will Sane do the same? Its also seems to have been forgotten that he played a part in engineering a cheaper sales price for his beloved Bayern Munich, by supposedly stringing the club along regarding transfer negotiations. Lastly there was the injury before he left .....not sure what his injury record has been like since.....?

He is a very decent player and one normally Id be really happy about but the above makes me cautious

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.