It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Which, to me, makes it even more annoying that we got rid of Lavia.

Watching Lavia this season, he could've stepped in to give Rodri a rest.
Yeah how annoying that the lad wanted to go and forge his own career instead of being sat in the stands or at best getting himself on the bench every so often and getting 10mins at the end of a Carabao cup game.

Lavia isn't coming back unless Rodri leaves.

If Southampton go down, he will be sold and he will go and immediately start elsewhere.

I like Lavia but some Southampton supporting friends of mine say he's getting the treatment a lot of players at struggling clubs get where anything he does good makes it to MOTD or twitter and anything he does bad gets overlooked because he's an 18 year old in the worst side in the league. When his mistakes cost them a goal people just blame the team or the manager.

It's a very, very different propositon to playing back up to Rodri.

The problem is that we might have to buy him back this summer because he's too good for the Championship and other PL clubs are lurking.

I think the best case for us is Southampton stay up and he stays there for at least 1 more season.
I agree, but considering that Phillips was injured when we bought him and then needed shoulder surgery, i just think that we should've saved our money knowing we had Lavia already here.
We could've brought him along, gave him minutes here and there and cup games etc and let him progressed with us.

The main thing being that Rodri is pretty much playing every game and we all know how important he is, so if he get's burn't out or injured now we're in big trouble and a reliable backup could've helped.

Yeah how annoying that the lad wanted to go and forge his own career instead of being sat in the stands or at best getting himself on the bench every so often and getting 10mins at the end of a Carabao cup game.

Lavia isn't coming back unless Rodri leaves.

If Southampton go down, he will be sold and he will go and immediately start elsewhere.
I'm only talking from the club's point of view.

He's still only young and still developing but he would have played a vital role for us.
Playing backup to Rodri, who is one of our most important players, must be a vital role or else we wouldn't have convinced a current England international to do it!

Which, to me, makes it even more annoying that we got rid of Lavia.

Watching Lavia this season, he could've stepped in to give Rodri a rest.
But lavia has developed into the player he is because hes playing consistently something we couldnt have given him. Sometimes its about whats best for the players development

I'm only talking from the club's point of view.

He's still only young and still developing but he would have played a vital role for us.
Playing backup to Rodri, who is one of our most important players, must be a vital role or else we wouldn't have convinced a current England international to do it!
From the club's point of view we got a huge fee from Southampton for a teenager with barely a kick of top level football. We secured several beneficial clauses and built on a good relationship with them for future transfers.

We lost a talented player, but one that plays in the exact position that is most critical for Pep and the exact position that normally sees little to no rotation. Just look how many games the likes of Lahm, Alonso and Busquets played for Pep.

By all accounts the lad pushed for this move himself, I can't see that Txiki was massively fussed about selling him so the deal must have come from his side and its worked out perfect for him, hes earning a reputation for himself and if Southampton stay up he probably either gets a big new contract or he is sold and earns that elsewhere.

We just don't seem interested in him.

I do get the feeling that if you turn us down, you don't get a second invitation.

I wonder if that is a deliberate policy so that when City go in for a player, the player knows that it is now or never.

That theory went up in shit when we went back for Laporte.

I genuinely think FDJ is just at the club he’s always wanted to be at. The way he plays you can tell he’s been influenced by Cryuff and his principles of coaching/playing. He’s completed Ajax. Now he’s at the other stage he wants to be at with Barca.

Shame but not meant to be IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.