It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Declan Rice is a decent player who I wouldn't mind here, but not as a replacement for Gundog or Bernardo though. We need proper ballers to replace those two. Rice would rotate nicely with Rodri imo.

He's playing in a patchy WHU team who're still in Europe, but looking over their shoulder at the relegation places. Given a chance, I think he'd thrive here.

I just don't get why so many dismiss him as shit, when I've rarely seen him have a bad game, albeit I've seen a few poor WHU performances this season where he's been wading through treacle like the rest of his team mates.

Kaoru Mitoma
Jude Bellingham
Joško Gvardiol
Callum Doyle

Bernardo Silva
Ilkay Gündogan
João Cancelo
Aymeric Laporte
GK: Ederson/Ortega/Carson
RB: Stones/Walker/Lewis
CB: Dias/Akanji/Doyle
LB: Aké/Gvardiol/Gómez
CM: Rodri/Bellingham/Phillips/Perrone
AM: de Bruyne/Foden
RW: Mahrez/Palmer
LW: Grealish/Mitoma
ST: Haaland/Álvarez

Kaoru Mitoma
Jude Bellingham
Joško Gvardiol
Callum Doyle

Bernardo Silva
Ilkay Gündogan
João Cancelo
Aymeric Laporte
GK: Ederson/Ortega/Carson
RB: Stones/Walker/Lewis
CB: Dias/Akanji/Doyle
LB: Aké/Gvardiol/Gómez
CM: Rodri/Bellingham/Phillips/Perrone
AM: de Bruyne/Foden
RW: Mahrez/Palmer
LW: Grealish/Mitoma
ST: Haaland/Álvarez
We don't need mitoma decent player but we've got grealish.and gvardiol wudnt get in ahead of ake so give that one a swerve

We don't need mitoma decent player but we've got grealish.and gvardiol wudnt get in ahead of ake so give that one a swerve

Both offer different, tactical reinforcements. Mitoma is a different type of player from Grealish, a type of player Pep likes. Both have been under our radar for several years now.

The curious issue which stood out for me was Barça buying several players last summer, but apparently Bernardo was their main target? How does that work?

If I was Bernie, I'd be seriously pissed! They evidently prioritised other players above their supposed No 1 target, so either they can't want him that badly, or they think they can get him for peanuts... \0/

Thankfully City ain't having it. If they can't match our valuation, the player sees out his contract with us & leaves on a free aged 31.

I'm cool with that. He's more use to us playing, than trying to replace him with a peanuts fee from Barça, whose latest economic lever has been rejected by La Liga.

They're probably relieved, as it means they can't afford Messi unless he plays for free. Lol :-)

Barca still have to reduce their wage bill by €200M. They’re in a billion in debt and they’ve just secured another €1.5 billion for the stadium. They’ve already been told by La Liga they can’t sell off any more of their assets to raise funds too. The majority of debt, is now borrowed money from Goldman-sachs, who in essence now control the majority of the club as it stands. GS were the ones who forced Barca into the super league. Guillem Balagué states GS would prefer Messi above everyone else first, as it’ll bring in more sponsors and potential investment. To help them clear some of their debt. If they pursue Messi, he will be asked to take a big pay cut though, to at least something around €25M a year, a quarter of his last salary. But that still means €225M to sort out. So add that to the list, before they even think about signing other players.

It also means, if Barca sign anyone else, it will more than likely, be on a free transfer, and it will be very unlikely, they will be paid significant amounts like in the past. If they do sign players with a higher profile, it’s also highly likely, high profile players will have to leave them. They already have 3 highly rated young midfielders and Busquets, who has reportedly agreed another contract extension. So at the most they may get Gundo for free, but it’s very unlikely they’ll sign any players that cost them on the wage bill. However, re Gundo, I think that also depends on him, as he said publicly it depends if he can take the toll of the Premiere league for another year, based on his past injuries. Basically, if he went, he would use Barca as a retirement club.

Barca have shown in recent years they don’t seem to care much about their financial situation and they try to find loopholes. But Tebas stated, if they don’t reduce their wage bill by €200M they won’t be able to register players next season. As things stand they're breaching La Liga rules and have been doing so. They sold a lot of club assets to help them raise money, but Tebas has told them they can’t do that anymore. The rest of the leagues members are putting massive pressure on Tebas to punish them. Then add to that the scandal involving leaked evidence of them paying the head of the referee committee, and you’ve got one hugely messed up club. Realistically, they shouldn’t sign anyone else.

keep reading gundo will be going to barca, then in the same post barca need to shed 200m off their wage bill, imo gundo will want near 200k a week and a decent signing on fee, hes a top midfielder, not some ex barca youth player , unless its a nailed on deal i really cant see him going there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.