It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Don’t know how reliable that source is but heard same about Gundo and 2+ years on the table. Hopefully true and it gets signed.
Giving Gundo a 2 year deal is best for all.

Naturally let's his heir be given 2 years time to over take him.

Year 1: His back up plays maybe 30% of the minutes.
Year 2: His back up gets 70% of the minutes.
Year 3: Gundogan gone and we are set, probably looking for more midfielders down the line.

Giving Gundo a 2 year deal is best for all.

Naturally let's his heir be given 2 years time to over take him.

Year 1: His back up plays maybe 30% of the minutes.
Year 2: His back up gets 70% of the minutes.
Year 3: Gundogan gone and we are set, probably looking for more midfielders down the line.
If gundo signed new contract we need get jude because gundo age and don't want end up like Liverpool

If gundo signed new contract we need get jude because gundo age and don't want end up like Liverpool
I'd like Jude, but I personally don't even care who it is, I trust the board.

I'm of the mind if both Gundogan and Bernie stay, then promoting McAtee and Bobb as understudies for a year is a pretty safe bet to make. Hard to sign a big name attacker if nobody leaves imo.

See how they do in limited game time, say like 1000-1200 mins for the season to give them rest.

If both are looking very good, then amazing, double succession plan solved.

If only one looks good, then that's great, we have a succession for 1 player, can sign a high profile player for the other.

If neither look good enough, then that means in 2 years we simply have to fund to high profile signings.

We have 5 players over 30.
Carson. Not sure he counts so no point in replacing.
Walker. I would have been all for him being replaced at the end of this season but he has proved me wrong once again.
KDB. Still one of if not the best players on the world. Shudder at the thought.
Gundogan. Surely he must be kept given his importance to our attack.
Mahrez. Seems like the only one that is not a must keep. He is awesome and Cole hasn't looked good enough to replace him. Foden has though and maybe Alvarez or McAtee or some exciting attacking signing.

pep-dancing-pep-dua-lipa.gif

I'd like Jude, but I personally don't even care who it is, I trust the board.

I'm of the mind if both Gundogan and Bernie stay, then promoting McAtee and Bobb as understudies for a year is a pretty safe bet to make. Hard to sign a big name attacker if nobody leaves imo.

See how they do in limited game time, say like 1000-1200 mins for the season to give them rest.

If both are looking very good, then amazing, double succession plan solved.

If only one looks good, then that's great, we have a succession for 1 player, can sign a high profile player for the other.

If neither look good enough, then that means in 2 years we simply have to fund to high profile signings.
BANG ON, and perfect in terms of what I would hope for.

Gundo staying would be superb - few years playing contract and then straight into coaching. While staying, his playing time can be reduced as needed.

However, we should definitely still add to the midfield with younger legs. Either through direct recruitment for midfield, moving Foden/Grealish centrally (recruiting a wide player) or through giving youngsters a chance. As good as Gundo, KDB, Mahrez are, the club won't expect the same returns next year.

Gundo staying would be superb - few years playing contract and then straight into coaching. While staying, his playing time can be reduced as needed.

However, we should definitely still add to the midfield with younger legs. Either through direct recruitment for midfield, moving Foden/Grealish centrally (recruiting a wide player) or through giving youngsters a chance. As good as Gundo, KDB, Mahrez are, the club won't expect the same returns next year.

Yeah, I hope the club push on with a squad revamp this summer and don’t get sucked into the everything is ok as we are champions? Tolm mentioned possibly up to 5 new faces but if we are slightly honest the arse fucked themselves in the title race and are rumoured to be going big for Rice and Caceido so another big jump in quality? We seem fixated on one target at times and that seems like Bellingham for midfield and when we don’t get our one target seem to be apprehensive to move to our next one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.