It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

My dream summer: (cuz what I want really matters)

GKs: Ederson / Ortega or Trafford

Pure Centre halves: Dias

Centre halves/full back hybrids: Akanji / Ake / Gvardiol

Centre halves/ defensive midfield hybrids: Stones

Traditional Full back : Walker

Roaming full back : Kimkich / Rico

Defensive midfielders: Rodri /Kimmich

Attacking midfielders: Gundogan / Bernardo / Kevin / Mcatee

Wingers: Foden / Grealish / Mahrez / Palmer

Forwards: Alvarez / Haaland

- If Gundogan leaves: Kovacic

- If Bernardo leaves: ??

- If kimmich not available: Rice- I believe he can play the roaming role from centre half/full back and midfield (high energy and composed on the ball)

- If mcatee isn’t ready : Viega

This gives you the option to go strong away from home with walker and Ake full backs or to mix it up and play a roaming full back and a back three with Gvardiol coming in from the left to join Dias and stones.

I was impressed with palmer yesterday again after a tough season- it may be necessary though to buy a better winger as cover
For me its

Ederson/Oretga/Carson - Trafford out on loan again.

Walker/Lewis/Gomez - Maybe loan gomez and get in a conventional left back I like the Hickey link.

Ake/Akanji/Gvardiol/Stones/Dias - Laporte out for Gvardiol

Rodri/Kimmich - Hopefully use Cancelo to get Kimmich over the line. Phillips a loan to buy somewhere.

Gundo/KDB/Bellingham/Veiga - I think Bernie goes, we resign Gundo and McAtee should get a loan. Agree with Kovacic if Gundo goes elsewhere.

Grealish/Foden/Mahrez/Palmer - Maybe a Palmer loan but look at Fodens slow progression, Pep won't rush him. Mahrez to be replaced next year imo.

Haaland/Alvarez - Can see Alvarez getting minutes in the middle/wide to get him playing.

For me its

Ederson/Oretga/Carson - Trafford out on loan again.

Walker/Lewis/Gomez - Maybe loan gomez and get in a conventional left back I like the Hickey link.

Ake/Akanji/Gvardiol/Stones/Dias - Laporte out for Gvardiol

Rodri/Kimmich - Hopefully use Cancelo to get Kimmich over the line. Phillips a loan to buy somewhere.

Gundo/KDB/Bellingham/Veiga - I think Bernie goes, we resign Gundo and McAtee should get a loan. Agree with Kovacic if Gundo goes elsewhere.

Grealish/Foden/Mahrez/Palmer - Maybe a Palmer loan but look at Fodens slow progression, Pep won't rush him. Mahrez to be replaced next year imo.

Haaland/Alvarez - Can see Alvarez getting minutes in the middle/wide to get him playing.
Viega imo isn’t a replacement for Bernie though. He’s more a Kev cover and potential replacement hence why I grouped him with mcatee. Bernie combines a high footballing knowledge and ability to keep the ball and the control pep likes with the running and technical ability that a forward thinking midfielder has. Viega is very much a good player going forward but is more capable of the eye catching pass than maintaining control. He also doesn’t get involved in the defensive side anywhere near as much. A replacement for Bernie needs to be someone who can do everything I.e. a very difficult player to find- they need to be aggressive and high energy in their defensive work while also having the ability to get their foot on the ball and intelligently pick whether the game requires an injection of quality, which he has in bags, or just control at that stage. such a difficult one to replace.. Bellingham has a number of the qualities you would need I.e aggression and high energy and the ability to make a difference in a game but probably lacks that ability to calm it down and control the game and not lose the ball but he’s young and that is probably easily taught.

True mate but i`m still not convinced they will sell as Nkunku deal is already done to the Chavs so they will get money in for that and i`m sure they can sell a few other lesser players?

The two recent transfer deals done a year in advance both involved Leipzig. Naby Keita, who then had a bad season and left Liverpool regretting the purchase... and Nkunku, who has watched Chelsea have a shocking season and probably now regrets signing.

I don't see why anyone would sign a contract so far ahead.

Isn't Mac Allister to Liverpool a done deal? I guess we haven't drawn up this list quickly enough, but otherwise, that is a beautiful list, and I would be over the moon if we got the other 3.

Of course, I would love to get Mac Allister as well, so I hope we can still get him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.