It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I'd be shocked if McAtee is with us next season... As unpopular as it may be I'd be surprised if he ever makes it at City. The level is just that high. The jump from the championship to the PL is massive already let alone to the best team the league has ever seen. The same goes for Palmer and Lewis. Less so for the latter whose game I really like. Foden is the exception as he's genuinely a once-in-a-decade type of talent.
I know what what mean, the levels we have achieved are astronomical. MCAtee doesn’t look to be there are maybe never will. Lewis has a chance in my opinion. Next season will be crucial for him. I’d be surprised if Palmer make it with us.

Right lets take a chance on someone who doesn't show up to practice on time, wants the party lifestyle, has talent but spends half the season injured.

I'm not even sure if there are better players out there that fit the lets shoot ourselves in the foot box.

The only one from Barca I would like is FDJ but that isn't happening. I don't want Pedri, I don't want Gavi, I don't want Fati and definitely don't want Dembele.
What do you not like about Pedri?

It's one of the things I am looking forward to next season. If all three are kept around in the squad.

I don't understand why Palmer wasn't given more opportunities ( there were rumours of a fall out) but Marez didn't get loads. I loved when he handed Azpilequeta's arse to him against Chelsea (I hate the fecker) and a couple of others in the cups. He does need to play now, so maybe a loan - there will be takers.

Lewis - again, I hope he makes it and I wasn't too happy with him until the game at Brentford, where he showed fight and determination. He will probably stay within the squad, I think.

I respectfully disagree with some about McAtee. James is a fantastic talent and has added work rate, aggression and final end to his play. He will still grow a little bit too. It depends on which midfielders sign for us this summer as to how involved he is, and where Phil actually ends up playing.

The same thing I didn't like about Eric Garcia.

They're Barca boys and don't want to be in Manchester 1 second longer than they absolutely have to.
Oh OK. But not for footballing reasons I hope...BTW, where have you heard that about Pedri? Just curious...

I hope we go full arrogant mode and boil some more piss!
How much more prize money is it compared to last season? FA Cup is only about £4m-5m and the Premier League money is spread reasonably evenly, with 1st (£160m) only getting £60m more than 20th (£100m), so it’s a pretty stable income for us. How much extra do we get for winning the CL versus losing in the semi last year? Basically my point is most of that £300m is earned every season anyway? It takes the club into a new stratosphere, but not sure it wildly alters the transfer budget as we earn shit loads of prize money regardless.

Last edited:
I agree with you in principle about the blooding of more youth and earlier, but the harsh reality is that the drop off from the first 16 to anything else is precipitous. I'm still unsure how many unproven players can be accommodated in the starting eleven before we are weakened: 1 maybe 2. By weakened here, I mean that other players stop doing their job effectively because they are also minding others through the game. Might be wrong, but the only meaningful game where we attempted to blood three unproven players (Gomez/Phillips/Palmer) was Southampton in the League Cup, though we admittedly played them in an irregular combination of other players to boot. As we all know, it did not end well.

I guess much will depend on who leaves and who comes in, but if young players really want to break through next year, then the early part of the season will be their best opportunity to stake a claim.
I would be talking about one or two each game, more in cups. I am talking about a full strength team, but featuring Palmer for Mahrez, or Perrone for Gundo. We cannot, or should not, have six or seven in the team at once, but perhaps each to have the equivalent of perhaps 15 full games over the course of the year. There are a few coming through who I really think will make it: Ndala, Dada-Mascoll and Bobb. The first two are very young, so a while off, but they are very gifted.

It's one of the things I am looking forward to next season. If all three are kept around in the squad.

I don't understand why Palmer wasn't given more opportunities ( there were rumours of a fall out) but Marez didn't get loads. I loved when he handed Azpilequeta's arse to him against Chelsea (I hate the fecker) and a couple of others in the cups. He does need to play now, so maybe a loan - there will be takers.

Lewis - again, I hope he makes it and I wasn't too happy with him until the game at Brentford, where he showed fight and determination. He will probably stay within the squad, I think.

I respectfully disagree with some about McAtee. James is a fantastic talent and has added work rate, aggression and final end to his play. He will still grow a little bit too. It depends on which midfielders sign for us this summer as to how involved he is, and where Phil actually ends up playing.
Palmer was not fully fit for a while, I believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.