It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Don’t think that’s where Millsy is coming from. It’s always disappointing when the big targets don’t pan out. But, and it’s a significant but, Txiki and the lads rarely leave us high and dry following a transfer window. There is still a long time left.

Also remember, what we ‘brief’ and what we do may well be completely different things.

Who is to say that Kalvin won’t come back with a “I’ll fucking show you attitude” and be the ‘new’ signing for the season ahead?

I’m am a few pots deep in holiday but I will retain a high level of faith in th management team until further notice.

I really think Kovacic will surprise many. I’ve watched a few of the clips showing his touches against us, he is fucking mint.

When I played (at a very basic level) I always thought “I’d love to be the worst player in the team” that I played for as I worked my bollocks off and had decent ability. If Kalvin has that drive in him, and attitude this coming season then we will be pleasantly surprised.

Wish I had your faith in Phillips.

Thought he was an average player for Leeds and thought at the time that whoever suggested City to buy him last summer was high on spice.

I'd rather we went for a right winger than a midfielder.

Mahrez misses 5 games due to AFCON this summer.

Phillips? stones?

If City are keeping Phillips, very likely it seems now, he has to play & be trusted, at least that has to be the idea.

Tell that to Pep, he clearly doesn’t trust him. He’s likely to be behind Kovacic as a 6 as well. I think if Phillips stay he may miss on the England Euros squad as he won’t play enough.

How can you have a succession plan on what ifs? Yes there’s been talk about it, but there’s also talk of him signing a new contract. Of course it’s dependant on how that pans out! You can’t buy players as contingency plans. Also, we have a very tight squad numbers game to balance. If Bernardo resigns, or even just agrees to stay an extra year, then that is fantastic news as we couldn’t possible have signed a better replacement as a contingency.

Are you saying we should have signed Maddison for eg, so we’re not caught short should Bernardo finally leave? I’d rather, we wait and see what happens with Bernardo thanks.
If/when it happens, I don’t think the club will be blindsided… they’ll know what’s going on and will have plans for it - I’m sure Bernardo will be looping the club in, with everything. We can’t just go and get a player, so that we’re covered if it happens.

How can you have a succession plan on what ifs? Yes there’s been talk about it, but there’s also talk of him signing a new contract. Of course it’s dependant on how that pans out! You can’t buy players as contingency plans. Also, we have a very tight squad numbers game to balance. If Bernardo resigns, or even just agrees to stay an extra year, then that is fantastic news as we couldn’t possible have signed a better replacement as a contingency.

Are you saying we should have signed Maddison for eg, so we’re not caught short should Bernardo finally leave? I’d rather, we wait and see what happens with Bernardo thanks.

Zero chance Bernie extends his contract. And the club will know that by now. If they can‘t take that hint then it’s a tad worrying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.