It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

I think it is bizarre that people (rightly) say fuck no to Sancho but then want Sane back (not necessarily you).
Sancho can only dream of having the career Leroy has already had
Don’t recall Sane ever going Awol or refusing to travel like Sancho. Or being unprofessional and missing/being late for training as he did repeatedly at Dortmund
In fact Leroy got injured and effectively lost a year of his career turning out for City when he was on the verge of a transfer

Don’t recall Sane ever going Awol or refusing to travel like Sancho. Or being unprofessional and missing/being late for training as he did repeatedly at Dortmund
In fact Leroy got injured and effectively lost a year of his career turning out for City when he was on the verge of a transfer
Yes, he was injured in the CS if I recall correctly. And yes, that effectively cost him a year and cost us about 20 million. Before that Pep repeatedly said that Sane was not doing what he needed to do to play. Sane's body language and effort were quite poor that season. Having players who want to be here and who are willing to listen to him is obviously a priority for Pep. I can't understand why we would go back for someone who obviously did not get on with Pep.

Perhaps my memory is different from others on the board.

I'd say so for him, his development was on a much quicker curve than it would have been here, thats what he wanted.

And if he hadn't been such a greedy twat and signed for the rags, he might have developed as a player and a person.

As it stands he is just a very rich waste of space at a club which is a total fucking shambles.

Yes, he was injured in the CS if I recall correctly. And yes, that effectively cost him a year and cost us about 20 million. Before that Pep repeatedly said that Sane was not doing what he needed to do to play. Sane's body language and effort were quite poor that season. Having players who want to be here and who are willing to listen to him is obviously a priority for Pep. I can't understand why we would go back for someone who obviously did not get on with Pep.

Perhaps my memory is different from others on the board.
Of course your memories are different, because you would know that before his injury he had two amazing seasons and it seems you are not the only one who has forget how special player Sane was for City.

You make it sound like he was doing us a favour ‘turning out’ rather that doing his job and playing in cup final for the club who pay his wages. He should have been grateful for the start seeing as he was agitating for a move at the time..

I think it is bizarre that people (rightly) say fuck no to Sancho but then want Sane back (not necessarily you).

There’s nothing bizarre about it.

Sancho has been awful in the PL. But Sane was an absolute beast for us in the PL.

The only similarity between Sane and Sancho, they both have pace and play in the wide positions. But Sane is a better dribbler in 1 v 1 situations, akin to Grealish in a way and a far better footballer in the final third.

If you mean on a Judas level, Sane didn’t go to Utd or another PL team. He never came back to haunt us and he was very respectful to all the fans last season when we played Bayern.

I don’t think it will happen though, we have Grealish on the left, he was excellent last season. Would be fantastic to get another Grealish on the right though. Someone unpredictable who can run at a defence on the inside and cause pure panic.

Of course your memories are different, because you would know that before his injury he had two amazing seasons and it seems you are not the only one who has forget how special player Sane was for City.
No he didn’t start regularly in that season before his injury, which is why he was probably going to move before his injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.