It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Yes, such a shit summer.

I said weird summer, not shit summer.

Breaking nearly even on net spend.

Yawn.

Best young Cb on the planet for peas

Ecstatic with this one.

Kovacic, Croatian captain with more UCL's than us btw,

Happy with this one. A downgrade on Gundogan still but I like watching him and he fits us like a glove. To be fair though, he wasn't exactly pivotal to any of the Champions League wins.

Doku who by the way will be a superstar here,

Doku is really exciting. Time will tell.

and now Mateus Nunes, whom i believe has been named by the greatest manager of all time, as The best in the world.

Pep chats a lot of shit.

The bottom line for me is that we're weaker at the start of this season than we were at the end of last. Most of the departures were unavoidable and made some sense so there's not really any complaints there from me.

But the way we've gone about bringing players in has been a bit hit and miss. Gvardiol is an improvement on Laporte, Kovacic is a downgrade on Gundogan and Doku is more than likely going to be a downgrade on Mahrez for the time being.

On top of that, we're on about our six choice option for a centre mid now and seem to have settled on Matheus Nunes. And now we're losing Cole Palmer and apparently not signing anyone as a replacement.

It has been weird. And it does look like it's going to have a bit of a shit ending.

I think Oscar Bobb will turn out to be a better player than Palmer and will be more than happy to with a place on the bench.
He is a talent. He has also only just broken into the first team squad so his expectations may well be different than Cole's, who has been in the team for two seasons. On the other side, Gomez may well now be freed from left-back roles and switched to LW, where he is far more effective, as shown in the recent U21 championship, where he was one of the very best players.

Last edited:
I think Oscar Bobb will turn out to be a better player than Palmer and will be more than happy to with a place on the bench.
Every cloud has a silver lining. With Palmer there, Bobb would barely feature. Now, he takes Palmer's minutes. I think we wouldn't be selling Palmer if a) he didn't want to leave and b) if we thought Palmer had a higher ceiling than Bobb. I read somewhere that we consider Bobb a massive talent, so maybe this move has Bobb in mind? Time will tell.

He is a talent. He has also only just broken into the first team squad so his expectations may well be different than Cole's, who has been in the team for two seasons. On the other side, Gomez, who may well now be freed from left-back roles and switched to LW where he is far more effective, as shown in the recent U21 championship, where he was one of the very best players.
Gomez looked very good in pre-season as well. The majority on here already gave up on him, but he is a completely different player at LW/RW. I hope he gets a real chance.

I said weird summer, not shit summer.

Yawn.

Ecstatic with this one.

Happy with this one. A downgrade on Gundogan still but I like watching him and he fits us like a glove. To be fair though, he wasn't exactly pivotal to any of the Champions League wins.

Doku is really exciting. Time will tell.

Pep chats a lot of shit.

The bottom line for me is that we're weaker at the start of this season than we were at the end of last. Most of the departures were unavoidable and made some sense so there's not really any complaints there from me.

But the way we've gone about bringing players in has been a bit hit and miss. Gvardiol is an improvement on Laporte, Kovacic is a downgrade on Gundogan and Doku is more than likely going to be a downgrade on Mahrez for the time being.

On top of that, we're on about our six choice option for a centre mid now and seem to have settled on Matheus Nunes. And now we're losing Cole Palmer and apparently not signing anyone as a replacement.

It has been weird. And it does look like it's going to have a bit of a shit ending.
I bet you're fun at parties.

The players in has come good but its certainly not been organised and not replacing Palmer even though we chased Paqueta and Eze just seems ridiculous for a team chasing history and who get absolutely no rest and KDB out for near enough the whole season.
What’s the ”nearly whole season” melodramatic bollocks mate, he’s out until Xmas at worst which isn’t even half the season!

Same people who’d moan at minutes for Foden & Alvarez, want a replacement for both Mahrez and Palmer, don’t you see we’d be blocking their development? (It’s why Palmer wants out) I don’t see Julian being as patient as Jesus either, not with many top teams needing a striker, Pep has also shifted our tactics to using Walker as a top to toe right sided flanker, which gets Julian into shooting range and Phil in that link role, Doku will provide an alternative

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.