It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Why? Barca want the worlds best players yet are beyond skint as now proven by the Barca finance director (could be leaving now I think though? ) about the sheer level of money Barca actually owe? We just seem to never try and get the likes of Pedri, Gavi, Balde?
Is every other club also Barcelonas sleeper agents since no one else are trying to buy these players as well? Barcelona might have some significant financial problems but if you think they are willing to sell anyone not deemed surplus to requirements for anything but an astronomical fee you are living in a fantasy world. Secondly, its not exactly prime Barca we are talking about here. Anyone they would be willing to sell is probably not good enough to make any major improvements to our squad anyway.

I'm not sure we need too much. We brought a few in last year who have shown real improvement: Gvardiol, Kovacic and Doku. We have the continued development of Rico Lewis and Oscar Bobb. We also have, I hope, the blossoming of Nunes, who offers real athleticism in the centre of the pitch, and I am hopeful that he will really show his quality next year.
Departures will be what creates the need for additions, but I take Bernardo's potential move as an opportunity for Oscar. I am not sure that anyone else in the first-team squad is likely to move on. The one position is CDM, but who do you find of absolute world-class willing to compete with Rodri? Perhaps a like-for-like is not feasible, so a player like Guimaraes becomes an option.
Guimares may be an option but a £100m player isn’t going to be happy to come here to be an understudy.

It’s Quiet threads are no more I think. Black armbands.

Maybe somebody else will pick up the baton and start a new series called, “Hey Dickheads! Comment about transfers here!”

I doubt there’ll be many takers. It’s a thankless task. Any bit of info passed on in good faith confuses the stupid into believing that it’s a written contract inked in blood. Then there’s the wummers. You have to be very discerning to navigate the choppy waters of a transfer thread.

I’d hate to lose Bobb as a makeweight for anyone.
If Pep decides to keep Savio, we will have two young & talented wingers: Doku and Savio, both of them capable to play as Wide Wingers, inverted wingers and if needed as wingbacks, which gives us great flexibility..

In attacking midfield: we have Foden, KDB, Rico, Matheus, Grealish and Alvarez..

Oscar Bobb is huge talent, who can play number of positions:
RW (inverted) - Good
False 9 - Good (but we rarely use that tactic since Haaland's arrival)
LW (Wide) - Average (or even below average).

Savio is good as RW (inverted) and LW (wide) and wingback (Left).
It depends how he performs during pre-season.

So if somehow get same evaluation for Bobb (50m), we got for Palmer - I think club will use that to strengthen more vulnerable areas.

Guimares may be an option but a £100m player isn’t going to be happy to come here to be an understudy.
He wouldn't be an understudy, he'd play the Gundogan role with the advantage of being better than Gundogan when needed to play the 6 instead of Rodri.

For me the big questions surround what Walker, Alvarez, Grealish and Bernardo want to do.
Bernardo looks like he might need a new challenge. Walker wanted to leave last year. and Alvarez probably needs game time somewhere else.

Can Grealish become a midfielder?
Grealish can only become a midfielder if Pep says so. Pep hasn’t shown any inclination so far to play him there so I think the indications are that it won’t happen. I think most people on here agree that he just isn’t doing it for us playing as a winger so surely the sensible thing is to move him on and invest the sale proceeds on players we actually need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.