It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

I suppose Delph was something of a risk. That being said, he was if I remember correctly he was Villa's captain and did have experience in the league.

I was thinking more along the lines of Tierney or the likes. A kid that appears to have all the talent in the world, a great attitude and work ethic but has yet to show it in a "big" league.

I do see your point though.

VVD has 3 workman like midfielders in front him each game. He has had regularly two of the best pacy full backs in the the league playing alongside him each game.

Liverpool as they showed in the Champs league are prone to sitting deep for long periods waiting to try and hit a team on the break. VVD therefore can see everything in front of him is rarely in a position where he is dragged left or right or has to turn and cover 40 yards of space.

Laporte plays in a team where the high line is what 10-15 yards in the opposition half. So he has all that space behind him to cover. If Pep wants the fullbacks to invert and create overloads in the middle of the park he also has to cover his flank.

He has had Walker who has been brilliant but prone to short periods of ropeiness.

Laporte has had to also for two years contend with the number one left back being out. He had to go over there at times in a defensive three when Zinchy did not suit the tactics or needed more time to bed in.

Yet I've just read that VVD has to deal with a lot more at Liverpool than he would at City.

Okay.

Topbins indeed

Laporte > Vart

I have been nothing, but positive about the club the last few years. Pep is absolutely immense, the team is immense and we are a brilliant, brilliant team... BUT... if we only sign Rodri and Maguire, are we really improving the team?
If we actually get Rodri, the chances of which are lesser by the day in my opinion, I think we are very slightly better but overall I agree with you. I think we're going to end up looking back on this summer as a missed opportunity.

If we actually get Rodri, the chances of which are lesser by the day in my opinion, I think we are very slightly better but overall I agree with you. I think we're going to end up looking back on this summer as a missed opportunity.
Maybe wait until we get into the summer before deciding whether we've missed the opportunity.

Now is the time for City to strike when the iron is hot and bring in the right players that we need. We will be going through a rebuilding job very soon, so we need to start now and start early. Rodri i am fine with, but Maguire isn't the answer for me. We need players who will come into the team and INSTANTLY make us better.

We've just got 198 points over 2 seasons, won 6 trophies. As much as you never want to sit still and rest on your laurels I don't think we could bring anyone in who's going to do that without spending ridiculous amount of money.

I'd be shocked if City were only looking at two. I suppose its dependent on outgoings. If danilo goes were looking at a right back there in addition to a Dm and Cb. If Sane goes and they don't replace him were light on the left and in terms of genuine pace down that flank.

I really hope this is not a repeat in the window of when Mancini and Pellegrini won the league, we were passive in the next summer window.

Despite how good we are this squad is far from ideal, we're short at dm and cb, jury still out on how left back will turn out, uncertainty about Gundogan and Sane. Further if Aguero was to be out for a while its still uncertain about whether Jesus has enough goals in him to cover any kind of absence from Aguero.
Going for a treble of Prems in a addition to other cups it would amazing if City did not strengthen in depth this season, particularly in light of a potential transfer ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.